Weekend Gaming

Fortnite is developed by a competent studio and taking advantage of the fantastic engine. PUBG is developed by a ****head that has released a few half assed games *cough* mods *cough* and will probably never actually be finalized.
Lol Brendan isn't even developing it - it's a team of people that have only done 1 game before. Granted they should have at least some experience in working with large-scale areas, bc it was apparently an MMORPG (and in Unreal) - but from what I understand, UE4 works a bit differently from UE3.

Seriously, the rubber banding and unoptimization is so terrible I don't even see how they could remotely call it esports ready. I mean I could lay down and my team would say I'm under the ground. It doesn't really surprise me in the least that it performs like even more dog**** on a console. I really don't understand why people like this game so much tbh. I mean even walking around in general is so ****ing clunky I feel like I'm playing KH1 on the PS2 and the textures remind me of such as well.

All of the textures/assets on Erangel (original map) were pre-made assets. New map is different and using custom assets, IIRC - still not "super high quality" but don't look too awful. Server issues are mainly tick-rate based in production. Test servers rubber band from what I assume is lower-tier cloud servers (AWS and Azure) - once there's fewer people, the game runs fine. It's only the beginning where I get rubberbanding. Not saying that there aren't server-side issues in the game they need to fix, but I've played worse and I've had some of the most fun out of a game playing it.

Last edited:
That'd be incorrect. It runs like hot garbage on Xbox right now.

Well I have a gift card burning a pentagram in my pocket right now but maybe if someone else says its playing poorly I might wait but I need that extra attention :)

Lol Brendan isn't even developing it - it's a team of people that have only done 1 game before. Granted they should have at least some experience in working with large-scale areas, bc it was apparently an MMORPG (and in Unreal) - but from what I understand, UE4 works a bit differently from UE3.

All of the textures/assets on Erangel (original map) were pre-made assets. New map is different and using custom assets, IIRC - still not "super high quality" but don't look too awful. Server issues are mainly tick-rate based in production. Test servers rubber band from what I assume is lower-tier cloud servers (AWS and Azure) - once there's fewer people, the game runs fine. It's only the beginning where I get rubberbanding. Not saying that there aren't server-side issues in the game they need to fix, but I've played worse and I've had some of the most fun out of a game playing it.
He's the director, designer, and what makes it even funnier is they shoehorned PUBG into it's own entity being a subsidiary of Bluehole. No matter how you want to spin it the guy has been the peg leg **** brain of several failed products that all look and feel the exact same way. The only difference being minor things here and there. Once the guy wasn't involved the projects started actually going somewhere instead of being a money pit going nowhere.
UE4 does work differently than UE3, it's a different newer engine. If the Ark devs can get their head out of their *** and make that game perform pretty damn good (instead of just sitting on piles of cash doing nothing) then so can these *******s.

Of course everything on the old map was premade, I said that before and you argued it wasn't rehashed. Way to backtrack there bud. Spoiler alert, the new map looks just as much as a fat mans ******* as the old map. STALKER from 2007 looks better than this game and performs better. The server issues are on both the test and regular so irrelevant. Look I get that you actually like this game, but that doesn't mean you should turn a blind eye to the very apparent issues with this game. I wouldn't give it so much **** if people didn't try to make this game seem like God's hand gracing the FPS world. It made it 10x worse when they said esports ready. Utter bull****. I stand by my previous statement, the character mechanics are so damn clunky I feel like I'm playing KH1 on PS2, except with rubber banding. I just don't see what's so appealing to defend it as harshly as you did Windows 8.

Well I have a gift card burning a pentagram in my pocket right now but maybe if someone else says its playing poorly I might wait but I need that extra attention :)
Just buy it then.

Back
Top Bottom