US: More things for gamers to be worried about.

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's what I was thinking, sorta like COICA. It will either get shut down or put on the back burner until they make another bill that will be in favor of this one.

I was surprised to see this posted here. This bill would basically make it illegal to stream any competitive gaming tournaments live as the content would be "copyrighted" or whatever which is basically ********.

This bill would put me out of business. I don't think a lot of publishers would even allow this because people putting up game play videos and reviews and yada yada is all just advertisement.

Yeah, this whole bill is absolute garbage. The ones presenting the bill don't notice the trickle down effect this could have on other businesses, because of the awkward verbiage. I agree that most publishers think of these game play videos as free advertisement. They would be foolish not to. Nonetheless, it's important for people to get the word out on this situation. It's very easy to get passive about a little bill here and a little bill there being passed. This one should certainly be a no go!

I agree the bill is garbage.. HOWEVER.. imagine it wasn't about video games and about "sharing live" something else... you wouldn't question that would ya.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom