Uninstalling Games

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrSpecial

Baseband Member
I am having a problem uninstalling games from my pc. I have read several other sites' information, and did a search on these forums, but could find no answer to my problem.

I am trying to uninstall Rising Kingdoms, and before that I tried to uninstall Cossacks II and PANZERS - Phase Two. All of which I downloaded off of XFire. For each game, I went to the uninstall 3 ways:

1) I went to Start > All Programs > and ran the uninstall file from the game's menu.
2) I went to Control Panel > Add/Remove Programs > and tried uninstalling it there.
3) I tried using the uninstalling tool in CCleaner > Tools.

Each time I tried uninstalling the games, I get the error message Could not open INSTALL.LOG file. I have seen many issues like this, but no help. The only problem is, the .LOG file is right next to the uninstall file... Is that normal? How can it not find the file if it is right next to it? I have just erased the first two games, and would rather uninstall this game the right way.

Is there anyway of solving this?

If you have an origanal cd of the games, use those if you can; most aplications include an unistall pragam in the installed dirrectory, try using the aplication incuded there. To unistall manually, you will have to deleate the installed directory, somtimes it sets up a temp file and save file on your personal settings as well, depends on the software, you will also need to delete the relevent regestry entries. Just deleating the folder will not hurt your system if you just need the Hard drive space, but your cp may still read it as installed if you don't remove it completely. I don't recommend altering the registry if you are not familiar with it. Your best bet is to use the game cd to uninstall.

It doesnt matter were the file possition shows up on your screen in relation to another file. If your computer gets such an error message, its likely that its having trouble authenticating the.exe file, or the uninstall file is corrupt, if your drive is insanly fragmented, I can see this issue occuring as well.

i didnt know u could download games off xfire
anyhow... to answer ur question.. try uninstalling xfire first, then the games. u can always reinstall xfire right? then if that dont work, delete it manually? just some suggestions..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom