Is there a site that lists a history of Sony's screwups?

Status
Not open for further replies.
"we could list them.... my most favorite sony screwup is the time they used a rootkit in a CD to protect MP3's...."

horrible move by sony, their dvd players suck too, TV's are good, PS1, PS2, PS3 & the PSP are all amazing products IMO though.

Madden 08 and Killzone and COD4, plus rock band will rock on the ps3 for sure, nice that it plays blue rays.

PS2 for 129.99 is still a good deal, play the guitar hero's & madden on it for cheap.

haha anyone remember the sony minidisk player, and how popular it was, but mp3 players caught up and out sold it a few years later down the line. i wonder if blue ray will end up the same.

I owned a minidisk player, what I hated about it was that it only holded about 60 something songs per disk.

haha anyone remember the sony minidisk player, and how popular it was, but mp3 players caught up and out sold it a few years later down the line. i wonder if blue ray will end up the same.

it was sony's own mp3 player introduction that phased out MD,i had a MD player and it could hold more than 60 minutes you just had to use ATRAC3 audio compression, If you remember it was minidisc players, then MS(memory stick players) which played preloaded mp3's off of them, then the mp3 players,so you ar laughing because Sony makes a better product??? were you laughing at ps1 when ps2 came out?

BTW ive had tape players,mp3,minidisc,memorystick,etc... except the Ipod

BTW why u hating on sony so much? if it werent for them you wouldnt even have had that cd player when u were in elementary school,. btw the Zune suxz0rz

it was sony's own mp3 player introduction that phased out MD,i had a MD player and it could hold more than 60 minutes you just had to use ATRAC3 audio compression, If you remember it was minidisc players, then MS(memory stick players) which played preloaded mp3's off of them, then the mp3 players,so you ar laughing because Sony makes a better product??? were you laughing at ps1 when ps2 came out?

BTW ive had tape players,mp3,minidisc,memorystick,etc... except the Ipod

BTW why u hating on sony so much? if it werent for them you wouldnt even have had that cd player when u were in elementary school,. btw the Zune suxz0rz

If it weren't for MS you wouldn't even be typing your complete and utter BS right now would you??? hhhhmmmmm o_0

If it weren't for MS you wouldn't even be typing your complete and utter BS right now would you??? hhhhmmmmm o_0

You guys are dredging into territory that should be left alone, no one has any idea what would happen if person A did this instead of that, or if person B didn't do that.

If Sony never pushed the CD into development to the mainstream I highly doubt we will still be using floppies and tapes for media; some other person/company will develop a new portable media. Who knows, maybe they would had made some sort of portable ROM for games, music, movies and what not. And while MS did make GUI OS very popular and accessible to the public and business, who knows what would have happened if not; and don't start this "he stole that, and they stole that" crap, if it wasn't for MS, operating systems could be in a very different spot than now, for better or worse.

How about the Sony Macieva (??) Digital Camera. They were the digital cameras which could take a normal 1.44Mb floppy disk. The problem there was that it immedately limited you to the size of image you were taking.
And back then 3Mb size images from a digital camera was not that uncommen.

I do remember Sony Mini Disk. Used to have one of my ex-house mates knocked it off when I kicked him out of the house.

The scary thing is that I now live exactly accross the road from him in my new place. If it was not for the fact that we both live in commercial residents, I would at least throw a brick into his window.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom