Is there any point in making a video game

Zilla

Solid State Member
I am wondering if there is any point in using my c++ skills to create a basic video game or should I just buy them. Please reply

Well, making your own video game would give you the satisfaction of creating something of your own. It's just like an artist making a painting or a musician writing a new song. A project like this is also a great opportunity to further improve your programming skills! :cool:

I once made this game where a little italian plumber chases around 4 different colored ghosts whiles also collecting pellets and dodging barrels.

I called it Packy Kongman... but the idea had already been done decades before by two different companies. :(

Well, making your own video game would give you the satisfaction of creating something of your own. It's just like an artist making a painting or a musician writing a new song. A project like this is also a great opportunity to further improve your programming skills! :cool:

Basically what he said. I know enough programming to create something very simple and would love to create something just to say I made this. If you want to create something for your own personal entertainment, it's not really the same since you will know the ins and outs from the start.

If you want to create it to entertain yourself, it might be better off to buy it. But it feels great when you make one yourself :)

If you can do it, go for it. I don't really have the time or patience to constatly tweak again and again to make a really good game (nor would I even know where or how to start), but if it's something you're into and want to put forth the effort, go for it and be sure to keep us posted along the way.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom