Technical specifications of a game

Game-addictlNL

Beta member
I recently bought a Macbook Pro (Retina, 15 inch, mid 2015) with the following technical specifications:

- Processor: 2,2 GHz Intel Core i7
- Memory: 16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3
- Storage: 251 GB Flash-storage
- Graphics: Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

What I want to know is, whether these technical specifications meet the requirements of the following games:

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core), 2.2 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB ATI Radeon HD2600, Nvidia Geforce 8600, Intel HD 3000
Hard Drive: 2 GB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard

NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported:

ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2400
NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series
Intel GMA 950/X3100

I want to know this because I recently purchased a game which was incompatible with my Macbook Pro. I believe the graphic card of my Macbook wasn't good enough for it.

Yes, your Macbook Pro will have absolutely no trouble at all playing a game with those requirements.

The question rather is whether or not the game supports Mac.
The official website of the game has two sections of system requirements. One states the system requirements for Windows and one states the system requirements for MAC OS X.

When I click on the MAC OS X section it says:

OS: 10.8.5 (Mountain Lion), 10.9.5 (Mavericks), 10.10.5 (Yosemite), 10.11.1 (El Capitan)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo (Dual-Core), 2.2 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: 256 MB ATI Radeon HD2600, Nvidia Geforce 8600, Intel HD 3000
Hard Drive: 2 GB
Peripherals: Macintosh mouse and keyboard

NOTICE: The following video chipsets are unsupported for this game:
ATI Radeon X1000 series, HD 2400
NVIDIA GeForce 7000 series
Intel GMA 950/X3100

NOTICE: This game is not supported on volumes formatted as Mac OS Extended (Case Sensitive).

Do you know whether I will be able to play this game on my Macbook Pro? Or will it have negative consequences when I play this game.

Because I've downloaded one game before and my Macbook Pro got really warm and I heard the fan was working really hard to keep the heat out of the system. So I thought maybe my graphic card isn't good enough for this game as well?

Laptops have small heatsinks and so when you put a load on it it requires the fan to be on high to get rid of said heat. Quite normal.

It should be fine.

Back
Top Bottom