Talk me out of buying a Retron 5....please

I'm excited too about the HDMI and the lack of clutter that it will bring. I miss being able to sit back and just enjoy old school classics on my TV.

They still won't look that great.

They still only have certain quality they can go up to, and they'll be resized to 4:3; if you force it to 16:9 or 16:10, it would look stretched and not as great.

I'll just save myself the $100 and keep playing them on my laptop/tablet ;).

Oh I'm not expecting HD or anything. The short in the wires makes it look like there's snow all over the screen. I'm just happy I'll have a clear picture.

+100 points for trying, but I'm still not convinced Carnage :) You are right, they don't look great, but compared to modern systems, they never will. I play the Genesis collection on the Xbox and it looks fine! It's more of a convenience thing and emulators just don't get most games right. Sometimes that detracts from the experience.

You're right. I have some emulators on my PC, but it's just not the same. I've been buying classic games a lot more lately, but finding the good stuff for cheap can be a challenge. The internet has made everyone an "expert" on the value of things. I've made some amazing finds looking for old games, but I run into people who have them overpriced just because they're old way more often.

Oh I'm not expecting HD or anything. The short in the wires makes it look like there's snow all over the screen. I'm just happy I'll have a clear picture.
Ah, I misunderstood what you meant then; my bad. I interpreted it as you were assuming they would be "HD" or super-improved quality.

+100 points for trying, but I'm still not convinced Carnage :) You are right, they don't look great, but compared to modern systems, they never will. I play the Genesis collection on the Xbox and it looks fine! It's more of a convenience thing and emulators just don't get most games right. Sometimes that detracts from the experience.

Right, I just misinterpreted what he was saying. Not saying they don't look a little better / crisper compared to the old connections on old CRT TV's, because they for sure do.

You don't need it... Besides you have way too many gaming systems, and not enough hands to play them all....

God... I sounded like my Mother there for a second! LOL

:p

You don't need it... Besides you have way too many gaming systems, and not enough hands to play them all....

God... I sounded like my Mother there for a second! LOL

:p

Hahaha! For a second I thought my wife created a profile on the forums :) First I was like :confused: Then I was like :mad: Then I was like :lol:

Me too. It looks so awesome. You can save games at any point, remap the controller to your liking, overclock games etc. For $99 it is a no brainer for me. I have wanted something like this for a LONG time.

Back
Top Bottom