Supreme Commander: Forged Alliance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ste

Do not Stare at my Avatar
For those of you who have played the original Supreme Commander I highly reccomend Forged Alliance.
Its an expanded version of Supreme commander, and if you don't know why its better Ill tell you.

Improved graphics.
Another Faction was added: The Seraphim.
Game interface remade, a complete make over.
Resource use and accumulation recalculated, improved balance.
Many more Maps added.
More Units added for each faction. (According to Wiki, a total of 110 New Units where added)
New Experimental Units and structures added.

The game is awesome.
Its a stand alone expansion, so you do not NEED the original supreme commander to play it.

Now Discuss.

O.O Supreme commander is in my top games list XD Unfortunately I havent been able to play forged alliance yet. Maybe grab it thursday. From what I can tell its drastically improving a great game so I'm pretty pumped.

grrr i have SupCom but my system is to ****** to play it...

What would i need to play it on high settings on the large maps?

I've heard the requirements are really high from some but then others have said they play full AA and high settings with an E6600 2gb ram and a 8600GTS..

Also what is AA and vsync? These always make the game need a better computer but i don't understand what they do? I assume graphical improvement but can anyone explain furthur?

Im not sure about the 8600 GTS and high. Depends what res I guess. Maybe at 1024x760. Theres a lot of stuff goin on at once XD Unless the game is more CPU intensive over GPU. I don't know so I cant say.

As far as AA goes, simply put it gets rid of jagged edges by making however many passes down the screen to filter them out. 2x 4x 8x etc... and it takes a TON of power in Most cases ^^. I'm runnin an ultra and running lost planet with 4xAA keeps me at 60 fps cap most of the time, but if I turn on 8 itll brign me down to 30-40 lol just as an example.

Vsync is always good to have on IMO. It prevents the screen from "tearing". or beign out of sync. Like the top half of your monitor displays the right thing but the bottom half is shifted left or right an inch. really irritating.

And anisotropic filtering.. I can't say. Dont really know myself ^^ I don't think it takes too much power cause I usually run it on full and dont notice much of a change.

one thing about forged alliance that I just thought of, is the fact I don't really think it should have been a stand-alone. Yeah its great you don't have to own the first one. But think for a second. FA makes so many improvements over the first supreme commander, why not make it an actual add-on so It can improve the original as well? Thatd be sick. new UI, and all that Ste mentioned in the original as well ^^.
just an opinion, what do you guys think?

With my GTX and 2 GB system memory. I can max out all settings, and it only starts to lagh when each player has more than 300 units..

Other than that I would have to guess the FPS are 60 + most of the time.

Yeah XD reaching ridiculous amounts of units in skirmish slowed things down real bad XD maxed at 1280x1024. still ran well enough though. as far as campaign goes, so far as smooth as butter.

Hey, I dont really need anymore games to waste my time, but realistically that is something I enjoy, a game like oblivion that eats my soul. I love RTS's and I want to know if I could run this game on full everything, including AA with dual 8800GTSs (640mb) superclocked, 2gigs of RAM? oh and at 1900x 1200. I think I am going to pick it up anyway, because I have always been such a big fan of RTS games, but still, just wondering. And is this game easy to get into? As easy as something like C&C3? Are the units easy to pick up, or does it have a steep learning curve?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom