Starcraft won't run on Vista HP

Status
Not open for further replies.

XUkusari

Beta member
I'm trying to install Starcraft on my VIsta computer which I received a short while ago(it was reset to factory settings and formatted). However I can't get auto-run to work. I've looked up several tutorials and nothing seems to work. I've ran install.exe as an admin it just loads for forever and then does... nothing.

It's not he disc drive because I installed halflife, steam, and unreal tournament shortly before that. And I can still play those.

I'm running I believe 64 bit.
Vista Home Premium.
I'm not sure what else you need to know.

The disc is in decent conditions just a few shallow scratches.

Strange, I've installed it just fine on Vista.. I don't have a StarCraft disc laying around, but isn't the install called setup.exe? I'm not sure.

You can put your CD key on your Battle.net account and download it from there. Works like a charm.

If you're interested, check out the StarCraft II Beta thread ;)

It is, but when the pop-up window asks what to do with the disk I click run setup.exe... five minutes later it still isn't doing anything.

I think you'd be better off just doing the Battle.net thing. It doesn't require the CD be in the CD drive, I like it better :)

Yep battle.net worked so much better. Although it is a little glitchy it crashed earlier.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom