Star Wars: First Assault Trailer Footage

XGC Forsakend

Student & Lover of Games
So Kotaku posted an article of SW:FA footage from back in oct/nov. It isn't the full trailer and only clips though.

Here is the article in case you want to see em.

LINK HERE - Clicky

edit:
So due to Disney acquiring Lucas Arts, all games have been frozen and the game is pretty much done yet will never see the light of day.

PS. IT LOOKS LIKE SW: BATTLEFRONT 3!!!

I have been following this over the past few days forsakend, apparently it was to be an XBL and PSN game and the sales of it would determine whether there was enough interest in SW BF3 and i saw F to the yeah there is. Give it to me !!!!!!!!!!

Did you guys ever see the CoD mod that someone made? Someone completely overhauled Call of Duty and turned it into Star Wars...it's amazing looking.

Youtube - Call of Duty Galactic Warfare

Any new Star Wars game is going to have to be licensed out to a third party.

LucasArts Announces Layoffs In Video Game Division As It Shutters Production

Disney is moving forward with more Star Wars movies, but it won't be making any more video games based on the franchise. Employees at LucasArts were notified this morning that the Disney-owned company is discontinuing production and that its games strategy will shift to a licensing model. The decision means that more than 150 employees will be laid off, which follows pink slips in the animation division after the announcement that the TV series Star Wars: Clone Wars would be coming to an end as the company heads in a new TV direction. “After evaluating our position in the games market, we've decided to shift LucasArts from an internal development to a licensing model, minimizing the company's risk while achieving a broader portfolio of quality Star Wars games”, a Lucas spokesperson said in a statement Tuesday. “As a result of this change, we've had layoffs across the organization. We are incredibly appreciative and proud of the talented teams who have been developing our new titles”. In an additional statement Disney said that “Disney Interactive looks forward to working with Lucasfilm on new games opportunities that leverage their incredible IP and brings it to life across gaming platforms.” Disney bought Lucasfilm for $4.06 billion in a deal announced October 30.

Movie Pictures | Movie Posters - Yahoo! Movies

Last edited:
i guess star wars 1313 is dead in the water than

Yes, but there is a new hope. A very, very, very small teensie tiny itsy bitsy microscopic hope.

"Reached for comment by Wired, a representative said that internal development on announced games, like the next-gen shooter Star Wars 1313, had been ceased but that the company was evaluating its options as regards having those games completed by an outside developer. However, Kotaku quoted an anonymous source inside the company that said such options had already been explored, and Disney found no takers. So it's looking quite unlikely that 1313 will ever come out."

Disney Kills Star Wars 1313, Lays Off LucasArts Staff | Game|Life | Wired.com

It also metions that Disney wants to go mobile rather than console with Star Wars games.

So expect more Angry Birds Star Wars and less actual, real, Star Wars games.

It also metions that Disney wants to go mobile rather than console with Star Wars games.

So expect more Angry Birds Star Wars and less actual, real, Star Wars games.

The fact that no one expressed interest makes me question how much they're asking for licensing rights. Having just dropped $6 billion, the Mouse House is probably placing too much value on the property for developers to justify commiting spend to.

The fact that no one expressed interest makes me question how much they're asking for licensing rights. Having just dropped $6 billion, the Mouse House is probably placing too much value on the property for developers to justify commiting spend to.

Well it could be a combination of asking price as well as limitations or restrictions imposed by Disney. I'm sure someone out there wants to pick up 1313 and finish it, but I'll bet anything that Disney is saying that it would have to be PG-13 at worst, which wasn't the intention when the game was being designed.

I was really intrigued by this game and wanted to see it developed, but if it's not going to be done correctly then I'd rather it stay shelved.

Back
Top Bottom