Star Trek: The Movie (Game)

elrebrin

Baseband Member
Okay, I just beat the game...and, well, it had a fantastic story as anything Star Trek should, but the gameplay? Oh boy...

I'm working on a review for a site I write for, but I just wanted to put something up here in case people were considering buying the game.

Expect bugs everywhere. Not more than 10 seconds after I started playing I encountered a bug. The hacking interface is super sketchy, and making it work right may take multiple tries. On top of that, achievements/trophies are bugged hardcore.

But you know what takes the cake? The AI Partner. I can't tell you how illogical it is to yell "What the hell Spock!?" every minute or so.

It's going to get a 7/10 from me, because the gameplay and story was pretty good, it was just the bugs that really annoyed me. Considering avoiding trying to get the platinum because of it. We'll see how I feel tommorow!

Thanks for the info. I'll avoid it. I generally avoid all movie titles though. I have been let down way to many times. That being said, the Lord of the Rings games for the PS2 were pretty awesome.

Lord of the Rings in video games has never seemed to fail me. Beat War in The North a few months ago and it was a flawless, fantastic game. I think the problem with this game, is that they expected the name to be the reason people buy it. After it was out, they couldn't care less. It's too bad, too, because if it wasn't so glitchy, it could be a fantastic game.

I think this game would have been a lot better if done with a different engine. Like the Mass Effect and Bioshock series, just use the tried and true Unreal. Definitely wasted gift card for me. I hope to at least blow through it with a friend in coop. Hoping the fun factor outweighs me nitpicking it.

If anyone is considering picking it up for the PC, stay away from it even further than you would the console version. All of the same bugs and glitches exist, plus co-op doesn't work (someone actually tried a quick match and let it search for over two hours and the game found no one). There are pages of threads on the Steam forums with people demanding a fix, yet, the devs are calling them a "fraction of the minority"

To make matters worse, the developers are beginning to act like EA/BioWare in regards to shunning fans that a critical and are displeased with the game. No joke, they even went as far as creating fake Steam ID's, as well as Metacritic accounts to try and promote the game by saying how great it is and giving it perfect 10's across all platforms, then having the audacity to send out a tweet saying, "Check out our scores on Metacritic!".

Needless to say, backlash didn't take very long and users are now purposely bombing the score for the pathetic PR moves. What's even more funny is the sloppy way in which they went about trying to promote the game on both Metacritic and Steam. On Metacritic, people caught on quickly to the fact that the users who gave Star Trek perfect 10's on all platforms only reviewed that game. And for the Steam guy? Well, he is the only person in the world that seems to have any issues. In fact, he commented something along the lines of, "Works fine for me. The game runs on Steam servers."

And to top it off? Well, people started to get fishy when they noticed that he had unlocked almost all of the achievements in the game, has already logged in over 150 of gameplay, and has been playing since January. He was dumb enough to use his real name on his Steam account, so people looked him on LinkedIn and low and behold, there he is listed as the Senior Producer of the game!

Rant over lol but I thought you guys might find this somewhat entertaining. I'm not sure if any of this stuff is still up, but if you want to see it then look up Angry Joe on YouTube and check out his most recent video about this PR disaster.

If anyone is considering picking it up for the PC, stay away from it even further than you would the console version. All of the same bugs and glitches exist, plus co-op doesn't work (someone actually tried a quick match and let it search for over two hours and the game found no one). There are pages of threads on the Steam forums with people demanding a fix, yet, the devs are calling them a "fraction of the minority"

To make matters worse, the developers are beginning to act like EA/BioWare in regards to shunning fans that a critical and are displeased with the game. No joke, they even went as far as creating fake Steam ID's, as well as Metacritic accounts to try and promote the game by saying how great it is and giving it perfect 10's across all platforms, then having the audacity to send out a tweet saying, "Check out our scores on Metacritic!".

Needless to say, backlash didn't take very long and users are now purposely bombing the score for the pathetic PR moves. What's even more funny is the sloppy way in which they went about trying to promote the game on both Metacritic and Steam. On Metacritic, people caught on quickly to the fact that the users who gave Star Trek perfect 10's on all platforms only reviewed that game. And for the Steam guy? Well, he is the only person in the world that seems to have any issues. In fact, he commented something along the lines of, "Works fine for me. The game runs on Steam servers."

And to top it off? Well, people started to get fishy when they noticed that he had unlocked almost all of the achievements in the game, has already logged in over 150 of gameplay, and has been playing since January. He was dumb enough to use his real name on his Steam account, so people looked him on LinkedIn and low and behold, there he is listed as the Senior Producer of the game!

Rant over lol but I thought you guys might find this somewhat entertaining. I'm not sure if any of this stuff is still up, but if you want to see it then look up Angry Joe on YouTube and check out his most recent video about this PR disaster.
And people wonder why I don't waste money on games. Fortunately for me, this was a gift card purchase.

Yeah, I've seen some of those fake users.
It's ridiculous how far people will stoop.
Take it further, and say it's ridiculous how long it takes for people to realize it's a pile of BS.

Take it further, and say it's ridiculous how long it takes for people to realize it's a pile of BS.

Yeah well, people on the internet are nuts and oblivious to a lot of stuff. (e.g. the fools on my facebook who freakout when I post onion articles). Except for the people on the forums, ya'll are smart.

Yeah well, people on the internet are nuts and oblivious to a lot of stuff. (e.g. the fools on my facebook who freakout when I post onion articles). Except for the people on the forums, ya'll are smart.

It's the same thing with the news... that's partially why I hardly ever watch it. If the news was accurate, we'd have all died of about 27 brand new deadly diseases 73 times over since the start of the new year.

It's the same thing with the news... that's partially why I hardly ever watch it. If the news was accurate, we'd have all died of about 27 brand new deadly diseases 73 times over since the start of the new year.

Hahaha, pretty much. Everyone says each news service is unbiased based on their views, but none of them ever are, and nor do they pay attention to the real issues. More focused on drama and pop culture than real world news. If I had to pick a news service to pay attention to, it would be BBC.

Back
Top Bottom