sounds in games

Status
Not open for further replies.

heffer

In Runtime
have sounds in games improved over the past dozen years or so?

do game reviewers today have higher standards for sounds like they do for other categories (grafx, gameplay, presentation, etc)? what are some of ur favorite sound tracks or pieces from games? do u care whether music is played at 64kbps or 256kbps? do u think the wiimote speaker produces low quality sounds?

i think the voice acting in gta (ps1) and t.o.phantasia (snes) is just as good as the voice acting in san andreas (ps2) and t.o.legendia (ps2). i think the music in ff7 (ps1) and o_O.T (n64) is just as good as the music in ff11 (360) and T.Princess (wii). i think the battle music and accompanying sfx in pokemon blue (gb) is just as good as the battle music and sfx in pokemon diamond (ds). and in many cases old classics like ff6 (s.fam) actually has better sounding bg music, in terms of melody and composition, than ff12 (ps2). however, the inadequate sound card in the 16bit console limits any mp3 quality outputs. maybe i'm just crazy

The voice acting in some games are good, but some suck.

My wife mainly plays adventure games, and most of them have really lousy voice acting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom