Sony caught editing Halo 3 Wikipedia entry

Status
Not open for further replies.

veg1992

Golden Master
Someone from Sony Computer Entertainment Europe's studios in Liverpool was caught adding a sentence to the Halo 3 entry on Wikipedia. The person in question added the sentence ‘Although it won't look any better than Halo 2′ to the game description which has been removed after discovery.

The manipulation was discovered using the highly acclaimed Wikiscanner which is a searchable database for all Wikipedia edits that have been made.

One has to ask if this was the doings of an individual or sanctioned by Sony and I would guess that it was done by an individual. By using a IP assigned to Sony however Sony is to blame, again. Real Manipulation looks different and is not done from company computers at all.

You hire someone far away or use your home computer with dynamic IPs or proxies to manipulate which is much harder to spot. This time it was just the blunder of one single employee which happened to fall back on Sony because he was using their network to manipulate the entry.

Wikipedia scanner that Traced this

nope.... just go on the internet look up some funny stuff, and make fun of them a bit... i think this is particularly funny...

Wikipedia has changed the world... in good and bad ways.. it helps me write reports ;)

hahahah @ sony, glad to see they got a new marketing strategy, didn't know they were relying on their children to do the planning for them now days, however it would explain some things

hahahah @ sony, glad to see they got a new marketing strategy, didn't know they were relying on their children to do the planning for them now days, however it would explain some things

ya... another sony fiasco after the Rootkits for the MP3's

Wikipedia has changed the world... in good and bad ways.. it helps me write reports ;)

must still be in grade school to be able to write reports with wikipedia as a citation?

all my teachers ruled that out in junior high since it can be edited by anyone (A teacher at my school did a test once and made an entry about a fictional person and it was there for 2 weeks)

must still be in grade school to be able to write reports with wikipedia as a citation?

all my teachers ruled that out in junior high since it can be edited by anyone (A teacher at my school did a test once and made an entry about a fictional person and it was there for 2 weeks)

nope... but i really don't use wikipedia per say... i use the reference links at the bottom to get the good info :0

but i saw the ending cutscene on YouTube.......

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom