Sony caught editing Halo 3 Wikipedia entry

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've used wikipedia as a citation and as a source in several of my college essays and term papers and never gotten a single complaint about it. Actuallty, I've gotten an A on all my term papers for the last 5 semesters...

I'm good with term papers, but my tests drag me down bad.

You can use anything as a source. Interview, Wikipedia, Britannica, Some Dude's Homepage, ect, just don't give a citation too much credit.

ever since i got into high school they have told me absolutely no wikipedia for papers
thats also been for my college classes as well and i agree with it seeing as how unreliable wikipedia really is most of the time

ever since i got into high school they have told me absolutely no wikipedia for papers
thats also been for my college classes as well and i agree with it seeing as how unreliable wikipedia really is most of the time

I guess you didn't see the review in Nature Magazine where they got a bunch of experts to compare Wikipedia to Britannica only to find they're about as reliable?

Wikipedia is, realistically, accurate 99% of the time. Sure you have the occasional inaccuracy/vandalism, but as long as you check your facts it won't matter.

If you're using a fact/stat in a college paper that hasn't been stated at least twice or preferrably 3 times you're not spending enough time on your papers.

Sure, there are downsides to wikipedia, but there are also advantages. The slight chance of an innacurate article versus the potential of over 2 million articles and, what, hundreds of thousands of offers? It is easily as inherently better than traditional sources as it is worse.

When you write a paper, don't cite Wikipedia, site the References list. That's how you determine whether or not it is accurate.

i said i don't use wikipedia.. just the reference links on the bottom.. screw Wikipedia's info... for all i know its edited.. i use the bottom reference links and use those to get to the good info

LOL This office is in my home town an is around 3 miles from my house an a few people who work there drink in my pub i will see what i can find out :) But yea sony got owned on this one. Just to think the retard who did this lives not that far from me...

Since this post was bought back to life I just thought I'd say I noticed the TheEnd has not weighed in and told us how it was really the red ring of death hypnotizing a Sony employee...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom