So i got myself a PS3..

Status
Not open for further replies.
I baught mine strictly for the Blue ray and media capability. its sick.
I can't stand console controls for games.
and certain ones DO play ps2 games the earlier ones did not. the chip was not cost effective they said to do it.
My nephews 80 gig plays ps2 games.

I'm just laughing, why do people say the 360 is better in any way ?

I had the 360 before, i loved it, brilliant console. But now i get a PS3, first thing i notice is the consoles silent. I can't hear it at all, secondly, The wireless works straight away no problem. Then it detects every pc in the house running windows 7 and can see all the video's and music on them, sweet.

Next, PSN is free - and imo, it's definitely better than Xbox 360's. It's got just as many demo's etc to download, it's also got the Home social MMO, and there is no lag when i tried playing Skate 2 online.

The DVD upscaling works very well too, and Blu Ray disks look immense.

The things got so many options and capable of so much, and all of this with free online gameplay, a smooth interface (unliek Xbox's) and a extremely low console failure rate, and a blu ray player.. why do people choose Xbox 360 ? In my opinion the PS3's game lineup is just as good if not better.

And remember, i'm not being bias here - this is the only Sony thing i have, and i have previously had 2 xbox's (both RRoD'd..)

Oreo has chosen a Great path :) !!

i'd Also like to include the online lag thing to whoever said Unreal Tournament 2007 on PS3 Lags online.. im on a 2MB Connection and it doesnt lag even on Wireless! :)

Online play with the PS3 is horrible if you want to game with friends. Joining them, if possible, will depend on the game. Where as on the Xbox I can join them in any game if there is room to do so. If I can't join them I can still party up with them and chat. You cannot chat with any one on PS3 if you are playing a game. You have to exit to dashboard to do that. What is the point??

I must say Killzone 2 is the first game I played with there is no lag and works flawless so far. However the mics seem horrible.

I have been watch Blu Ray movies lately on it. I thought maybe the movies might be scratched bcuz they kept skipping and freezing about 45 minutes into them. Turns out it happens on all of them so it's the blu ray player not the movies. I've heard debates that the firmware updates have something to do with this. I don't know but it ****es me off when I am into a movie and can't finish it.

I'm not a fanboy of any system. I own a xbox, ps3, wii and PC for gaming. I must say the PS3 (before Killzone 2) was pretty much nonexistent over every thing else.

Why? Because no one plays it, the functionality of the online system is part of that and the price tag.

I love my xbox 360. Worked for a month and now is a paper weight with fancy red lights. Expensive paper weight though, it holds paper down like a champ.

360 is cheap....

But yeah, ps3 is the better. All the games that give the 360 ego are better on PC anyway.

Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Braid, Castle Crashers, PGRs, Forzas, Guitar Heroes, Rock Bands, GTA IV, Gears of War 1, and Mass Effect play better on 360, exclusive extra content to many games....

a smooth interface (unliek Xbox's)

Wait, the PS3 has a smooth interface? I have both PS3 and 360, and especially when it comes to in game needs, the XMB is awful compared to the NXE.

From my experience, all multiplatform games, especially the Call of Duty series has performed much better online with the 360 version. Its the main reason a friend of mine who originally only had a PS3 went out and bought a 360. He's a big shooter fan like me, and the 360's shooters are unmatched. I bought Killzone 2 recently, and while the online is great, and the visuals are great, it lacks basic party features and makes it a pain to play with my friends. With the 360, as someone else has mentioned, Microsoft integrates Xbox Live functionality into every game. Microsoft hosts all the servers needed as well, where Sony ONLY hosts first party game servers (the main reason why the CoD series lags so bad on PS3).

Home is a joke. I still don't see why Sony wasted their money on it. It's simply a 3D chatroom where you can also spend money on virtual clothes and apartment stuff. The games on their are basic and lame, everything has to load which takes forever, and there just isn't any reason to use it. I think they only have 1 game area that actually lets you do game related activities before launching the game, which is what Home should be, but isn't.

Basically, if you have a lot of console gaming friends and you all want to have the best, flawless online experience, you get a 360. For the most part people will have a majority of 360 owning friends. This isn't anecdotal, it's basic numbers comparison (28.3 million 360s > 20.2 million PS3s). If you need a blu-ray player AND a games console, and the majority of your friends have a PS3, you get a PS3.

The only real upside to the PS3 is the free online play, but even that has its downsides. The 360 is backwards compatible for all the popular Xbox games and only the older 60GB and 80GB PS3s are backwards compatible. I could now buy a 360 and Blu-Ray player for cheaper than a PS3 if I wanted. With the 360 I have more friends, with a better online experience, and a better interface. I really do wish Xbox Live would go free soon, because then with Netflix, XBLA, all the content, and great online play it would absolutely be the best console for online console gamers. I have a feeling Microsoft will wait until the Next Xbox before making it free, though.

Sooo, that's basically why I play my 360 more than my PS3. To date, the only game on the PS3 that was good enough for me to buy has been Killzone 2. I know everyone has different opinions of each games library, but after trying MGS4, Resistance 1 and 2, and Little Big Planet, I just wasn't impressed because I could find better games to play on my 360 (both graphically and gameplay). Killzone 2 is finally a very good shooter as far as online is concerned, and it is actually making my PS3 get some use other than as a BD player.

Halo 3, Gears of War 2, Fable 2, Halo Wars, Lost Odyssey, Tales of Vesperia, Star Ocean 4, Braid, Castle Crashers, PGRs, Forzas, Guitar Heroes,Rock Bands, GTA IV, Gears of War 1, and Mass Effect play better on 360, exclusive extra content to many games....Example
Forgot about the Heroes...those things are jamin'! But that's what friends are for. Let them buy a 360 so you can play guitar hero lol

Dude.

Why did you buy a PS3, you just Flame PS3 liek its garbage LOOL ? So really to me that was a waste of money of you buying it. if you knew it was going to be "Rubbish":laughing: why buy it.. :/

@ SurgeVel

My online gameplay never lags on PS3 ? :confused: And yeh, voice chat outside of games is stupid. But my PS3 is about 1foot away from my PC, i talk to my friends over steam while they play on the PS3, most my friends have there PC and PS3 very close, so it's not a problem for us. Fair enough, it would be annoying if you couldn't talk to your friends any other way. But meh.

Also, i never have any problems joining my friends games..

Thats the only advantage of XBL over PSN, that doesn't justify £40 per year for me.

And yes the XMB is smooth, the 360's dashboard is like a childs thing. It's okay, but annoying and it looks like the system is for 3 year olds. Lets face it, PS3 is a mans toy ;) It's more powerful, it's Sony, It has a Blu-Ray player, and a clean interface :D

However, saying all this. I will most likely get a Xbox 360 again, in a pure console terms the PS3 is far better, but there is no denying the 360 has a good game lineup thats just getting better (as is the PS3's) so i will probably get a 360 again just for the good exclusives that pop up on it a few times a year.

My online gameplay never lags on PS3 ? :confused: And yeh, voice chat outside of games is stupid. But my PS3 is about 1foot away from my PC, i talk to my friends over steam while they play on the PS3, most my friends have there PC and PS3 very close, so it's not a problem for us. Fair enough, it would be annoying if you couldn't talk to your friends any other way. But meh.

Also, i never have any problems joining my friends games..

Thats the only advantage of XBL over PSN, that doesn't justify £40 per year for me.

And yes the XMB is smooth, the 360's dashboard is like a childs thing. It's okay, but annoying and it looks like the system is for 3 year olds. Lets face it, PS3 is a mans toy ;) It's more powerful, it's Sony, It has a Blu-Ray player, and a clean interface :D

However, saying all this. I will most likely get a Xbox 360 again, in a pure console terms the PS3 is far better, but there is no denying the 360 has a good game lineup thats just getting better (as is the PS3's) so i will probably get a 360 again just for the good exclusives that pop up on it a few times a year.

Somes up the whole thread :).

NXE = Apple TV ?

Designing your Avatar on 360 = Mii (Just the 360's is abit better)

Online play with the PS3 is horrible.

Looool! What Connection are you on ?. im on 2MB Fibre Optic and to be honest it doesnt Lag at all

I like 360. The main reason I'm for 360 is all of my friends had 360's and I liked playing Halo at their houses. When my friend's 360 died, he got a new one and gave me his old one to fix. After fixing it, I bought Halo 3 and we all played online.

I did finally get a new 360 in January, it's one of the Jasper (65nm CPU and GPU) boards and it runs really quiet (unlike my old one, which sounded like a jet plane and a rocket launch combined). I like Xbox Live because it has cross-game chat, notifications of when friends are online, an easy access menu even while playing games, voice communication, etc.

I really like Halo so I guess I'm stuck with the 360, but it's a good console so I'm happy. I don't use WiFi anyways.

Also, using TVersity to stream my media, I've never had a problem with my 360 not detecting my computer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom