So i got myself a PS3..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Oreo

-Deactivated-
I'm just laughing, why do people say the 360 is better in any way ?

I had the 360 before, i loved it, brilliant console. But now i get a PS3, first thing i notice is the consoles silent. I can't hear it at all, secondly, The wireless works straight away no problem. Then it detects every pc in the house running windows 7 and can see all the video's and music on them, sweet.

Next, PSN is free - and imo, it's definitely better than Xbox 360's. It's got just as many demo's etc to download, it's also got the Home social MMO, and there is no lag when i tried playing Skate 2 online.

The DVD upscaling works very well too, and Blu Ray disks look immense.

The things got so many options and capable of so much, and all of this with free online gameplay, a smooth interface (unliek Xbox's) and a extremely low console failure rate, and a blu ray player.. why do people choose Xbox 360 ? In my opinion the PS3's game lineup is just as good if not better.

And remember, i'm not being bias here - this is the only Sony thing i have, and i have previously had 2 xbox's (both RRoD'd..)

You pretty much listed all the reasons I decided PS3 over a 360 as well. I love the XBox as my friends bring it over to my place quite a bit. But the PS3 just had many extras I thought made it a great purchase.

I think it is more or less the cost of a PS3... There are just more people that enjoy having the xbox because it was either cheaper, or they just enjoy the lineup more on it... IMO, I would buy a bluray player seperate from the PS3 and keep my 360.

People choose the 360 because it has better games (or at least more games), better online content, better online play, and it's a lot cheaper then the PS3. IMO it's a better console for friends/lan, if you have a friend over rather then having him bring his console he can just pop his hard drive out and you can use that. It's much easier then bringing the entire PS3 over.

I don't know why everyone has RROD issues, I have not gotten it once and I bought mine over 2 years ago so that means everything in it is 90NM giving off more heat with more chance of RROD.

The reason why I got a 360 was because it was $400 for the good 360 VS $600 for the good PS3, and all my friends had a 360's so why bother with the PS3?

I'll let it be known now that if flaming of any sort starts up here I will be closing this thread and issuing infractions.

These threads have been causing trouble as of recently. Keep it civil boys and girls :). No problem with a good argument.

See now, 35g700, i would have to disagree with you :p I've used both, and i can tell you there is no reason microsoft should make you pay £40 per year for an online service which is in no way better than that of the PS3's. Both online services have a lot of demo's available, and the PS3's online has not lagged at all for me yet.

Both consoles have great games, the 360 has games like: Gears of War, Halo, Forza 2, Alan Wake (soon)

And the PS3 has: Killzone 2, LittleBigPlanet, Metal Gear Solid 4, Gran Turismo etc.

And both consoles have other great games that are on both console, so i would say now the PS3 has a line up which is strong enough to compete with the 360's, just take your pick. I will admit however this time last year the PS3's game collected failed dismally in comparison to the 360's.

And what you were saying about when your friends come over, for me that doesn't really matter because i rarely do it anyway, i just play with them online. When they do come round, we just do some coop ;)

And wow, i've been playing Skate 2 all day and i have to say along with Skate 1 it's the most under apreciated game of all time. It's excellent !

My only gripe with the PS3 is they aren't backwards compatible with PS2 games anymore. But I guess it doesn't matter, I have a PS2 either way.

I got a 360 simply cos I had the money at the time - would've gotten a PS3 but it was about £50 out of my price range. I love my 360 but since I got my new comp I barely used it, now it's sitting in the cupboard until I find a reason to get the RROD fixed :p
The annoying thing now is that one of the main reasons I would have gotten a PS3 (ability to play PS2 games) was randomly removed. Strange marketing move by Sony, removing features, but that's why they're Sony :p
PS3s do look visually much better than 360s tho, and not only are they better built, they 'feel' better built too.

My PS3 died, and the only reason I would use it is for the blu-ray, but since I bought an upconverting dvd player for like 80 bucks and only have a 720p tv, it doesn't really make sense to have. Also in a money minded sense, I have a 60gb one (backwards compatible with all games) and 7 games, along with around 9 or 10 blu-rays so I'd appreciate the extra money more than what I would get out of playing it which is slim to nil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom