Shadow of War - Page 2 - Techist - Tech Forum

Go Back   Techist - Tech Forum > Gaming > General Gaming
Click Here to Login

Old 03-02-2017, 09:47 AM   #11 (permalink)
Evil Made Flesh

Default Re: Shadow of War

Quote:
Originally Posted by PopoChubbs View Post
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Is there a package I can get, or would it be wiser to try and find them cheap individually?
you can get the trilogy for 360 and ps3. honestly I would skip 1 if you have never played them its tough to get through because the mechanics are so outdated just read up on it

Old 03-02-2017, 10:03 AM   #12 (permalink)
Private Joker

Quote:
Ok, I'll keep that in mind. Is there a package I can get, or would it be wiser to try and find them cheap individually?
They have a trilogy out, like mentioned. I just got the trilogy pack this week for PC on CDKeys for $10.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slaychandim View Post
you can get the trilogy for 360 and ps3. honestly I would skip 1 if you have never played them its tough to get through because the mechanics are so outdated just read up on it
But then you can't have a save file that's imported all the way through!

If I help you, or you just like what I said, rep me by clicking the under my post
carnageX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 10:21 AM   #13 (permalink)
Evil Made Flesh

Quote:
Originally Posted by carnageX View Post
They have a trilogy out, like mentioned. I just got the trilogy pack this week for PC on CDKeys for $10.

But then you can't have a save file that's imported all the way through!
yeah for a 1st time player though I feel 1 would turn them off. Haing just played though all 3 1 is a terrible slog
Old 03-02-2017, 10:44 AM   #14 (permalink)
Casually Filthy

That's been the general consensus from pretty much anyone I've talked to. Great series, but if I'm gonna start, start with 2, cause 1 is, like you said, outdated.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:01 PM   #15 (permalink)
Lord Techie

Quote:
That's been the general consensus from pretty much anyone I've talked to. Great series, but if I'm gonna start, start with 2, cause 1 is, like you said, outdated.
One was more of a "hardcore" RPG than the other games which definitely leaned more toward the action genre. If you can get ME1 on PC for cheap, I would try it out. That game is really driven by the story, so you might not even mind the outdated mechanics and quirks. If anything you could play through the first few hours on the Citadel and learn about the different races and get up to speed on what brought the human race there to begin with. There are some really amazing concepts about the story that you might miss if you skip it altogether. If you do just read up on it, I would try to find the most thorough synopsis that you can.
Old 03-02-2017, 12:11 PM   #16 (permalink)
Casually Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omoplata View Post
One was more of a "hardcore" RPG than the other games which definitely leaned more toward the action genre. If you can get ME1 on PC for cheap, I would try it out. That game is really driven by the story, so you might not even mind the outdated mechanics and quirks. If anything you could play through the first few hours on the Citadel and learn about the different races and get up to speed on what brought the human race there to begin with. There are some really amazing concepts about the story that you might miss if you skip it altogether. If you do just read up on it, I would try to find the most thorough synopsis that you can.
Solid advice. Thanks man!
Old 03-02-2017, 12:54 PM   #17 (permalink)
Monster Techie

ME 1 has a great story and really shouldn't be skipped outdated or not. also on the pc side u can download save files to use as import. not sure if they have that for consoles to. using ur save file on the next game makes a bigger difference than you realize. i personally think ME1 and ME3 had the better story ME2 introduces a better gameplay mechanics that carries over to ME3
AsRock z97x,i5 4690k@ 4.4ghz, Custom Water Loop, Nvidia 980TI 6GB, Corsair Dominators Platinum 16GB 2666mhz ,250 SSD,2TB,2TB Drive ,EVGA Supernova 750G2 PSU,NZXT H440 white. Asus 24" 144hz, LG 42" led lcd.
Drogos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-02-2017, 05:20 PM   #18 (permalink)
Casually Filthy

I figured it was popular for a reason, I'll have to figure out if I really want to get into it or not. Still have Witcher as well.
Old 03-02-2017, 05:43 PM   #19 (permalink)
Build Guru

Idk, I thought ME1 was the best out of all of them *shrug*

Access to my Plex PM me.
PP Mguire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2017, 09:29 AM   #20 (permalink)
Casually Filthy

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP Mguire View Post
Idk, I thought ME1 was the best out of all of them *shrug*
I think you're the first person I've heard say that this late in the game (no pun intended).