sc2 limited edition worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Demalii

Fully Optimized
I read what comes with it.. but if you don't play wow.. and could give a shiz about the 2gb usb drive.. it's 100 bucks.. I'm an avid sc fan and have played it for about 13 years now.. just can't justify the 100 bucks on that limited edition..

The limited Edition has sold out in most all stores.... :-\

Either way, even $60 is to much for the game after they decided to gut the new battle.net.

yea the new b.net it wicked horrible.. it makes me not even want to buy the **** game..

What's that? Facebook integration? Achievments? (I admit, that is nice)

Other than that, there is nothing the ORIGINAL Battle.net had, that is there.

No text chat/channels which is where people EASILY go in order to communicate before/after games.

Classic games allowed the creation of private games with passwords, or you had to know the game name.

Also, the new Battle.net only shows the MOST POPULAR maps on the top of the custom games list, which means lesser games won't ever get out in the wild, so the first Dota like game, will be the only custom game played.

Second, map publishers are limited to 5 maps, or 20mb total of published maps, can't publish anymore maps after that.

Secondly, the game is so heavily dependent on Battle.net that it is useless offline, can't even use it as a lan based game, Blizzard did state last week, that ALL game traffic will go to the Battle.net server, then back to everyone on a lan if there are 2+ players on your lan, the computers, won't communicate directly. So, if you are on a 1mbps DSL line, and wanna have a lan party, it would be impossible, as the minimum internet connection is like 1.4mbps, or similar, so you would need a rather.. Heafty connection for most areas.

well from what i read they where going to have a cross game cross server and cross faction chat integrated into bnet for wow players wich can also be used in game i dont see why sc players wont get the same...

Battle.net is missing it's chat rooms. And Facebook integration is weak. Very weak. Also, you cannot add a player by their user name (unless you've played with them before or are in a lobby / party with them). You have to type in their email or use the Facebook friend finder thing.

I'd probably get it.. But I'm a StarCraft fanatic :tongue:

There will be no cross-realm play, nor can you pick a region you want to be on at a whim, UNLESS you do something...

That is, you must buy a client for EACH region you want to play in, that's right, you must also have multiple Battle.net Accounts, one for EACH region, that becomes INCREDIBLY expensive if you are a multi-realm player.

There will be no cross-realm play, nor can you pick a region you want to be on at a whim, UNLESS you do something...

That is, you must buy a client for EACH region you want to play in, that's right, you must also have multiple Battle.net Accounts, one for EACH region, that becomes INCREDIBLY expensive if you are a multi-realm player.

by cross realm i meant different servers like wow servers im sure what you mean is different realms as in Europe the Americas and so on, and just an fyi we do have cross realm in wow we can que up for heroics with players from other servers, as well as battle grounds, there is no way to actually say who you will be with that is random. but really i dont mind playing with people only in my region. this has steamed alot from wow, the only difference is in wow i can make a character in any region on my account to me that looks like the only thing that sucks. having to buy another copy just to play in Europe if kinda bs. i understand and like the fact that they are separated so you are playing with English speaking people and so on but you should have the choice to play in different areas of the world if you so choose with out buying a new copy. blizzard is quite good to there customers, and i do not think this aspect of buying a new copy just to play with people in Europe or Australia will stick around for very long.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom