Recorder for Video games

Came for playing in shadows. Left with knowledge of interesting software to utilize with my GTX 670.

Hey, how about for recording game play on mobile devices for iOS/Android? I need to create a trailer for my upcoming game.

I am not sure about iOS. For Android, you already have access to the emulator that runs on your computer. You can make a video that way by using fraps or something. Depends on how much you/you're team knows about android emulators and your production budget I guess.

However, 9/10 indie game trailers I see on Android are done by a person actually playing the game and someone recording the gameplay as the person plays it zoomed in so you see the stylus/finger playing. I'm sure you could do this for the iOS version too.

I am not sure about iOS. For Android, you already have access to the emulator that runs on your computer. You can make a video that way by using fraps or something. Depends on how much you/you're team knows about android emulators and your production budget I guess.

However, 9/10 indie game trailers I see on Android are done by a person actually playing the game and someone recording the gameplay as the person plays it zoomed in so you see the stylus/finger playing. I'm sure you could do this for the iOS version too.

Thanks for the reply. I have an app for Android that allows me to record game play. Works fine but for some reason, the game looks slow. I was planning on just recording myself playing my game for long hours, have my friend edit the video and just create a trailer.

Thanks for the reply. I have an app for Android that allows me to record game play. Works fine but for some reason, the game looks slow. I was planning on just recording myself playing my game for long hours, have my friend edit the video and just create a trailer.

I still think using the emulator from Google to test apps out as you're developing is the way most people do it. I'm not sure where android game devs hang out together on the internet, but Android gaming: Games, news and discussions has a lot of posts by people making their first game and asking the community to try it out. You might try contacting one of these solo or small team devs out and ask how they go about making the trailers.

The guy who made "Super Paper Pool" had an amazing trailer of in-game play and looks pretty professional. He's cool and responds to people so you might try him. His post on Reddit is: Super Paper Pool - Mini golf crossed with billiards... innnnn spaaaaaace! : AndroidGaming and his username is skillroi

I still think using the emulator from Google to test apps out as you're developing is the way most people do it. I'm not sure where android game devs hang out together on the internet, but Android gaming: Games, news and discussions has a lot of posts by people making their first game and asking the community to try it out. You might try contacting one of these solo or small team devs out and ask how they go about making the trailers.

The guy who made "Super Paper Pool" had an amazing trailer of in-game play and looks pretty professional. He's cool and responds to people so you might try him. His post on Reddit is: Super Paper Pool - Mini golf crossed with billiards... innnnn spaaaaaace! : AndroidGaming and his username is skillroi

Thanks man, I was looking to create an account on reddit, just forgot about it. I created a thread asking for help, yeah that trailer for Super Paper Pool is exciting. By the way, would you be willing to try my game out once its been released?

Thanks man, I was looking to create an account on reddit, just forgot about it. I created a thread asking for help, yeah that trailer for Super Paper Pool is exciting. By the way, would you be willing to try my game out once its been released?

Ya I was gonna mention, if you want I'll try your game out when its done. I try to do it on that subreddit when indie devs post their games.

I have a decent phone for trying stuff out on since I have a Samsung Galaxy Note II.

ridermiller@gmail.com is my email

Back
Top Bottom