Random Gaming News

Also.... since when does a game take up 70 gb of HDD space? 6-7 games? Really?

Might want to try more like 45 games installed (without dlc) where the install takes 11 gigs. Even then that might be a bit much.

You can also try PP's suggestions and get a external TB HDD or simply uninstall the games when you are done with them to make room for other games.

I get where you are coming from when it comes to building your own library.. I do that too. I am sitting on over 100 games on xbox 360 alone and I dislike trading in. But I never play more than 5 games at once, or never actively play more than 5 games at a time.

I also install each game I currently have 'active' and uninstall when I am done with it to make room for another game.

I installed The Darkness (as in the first one) on my hard drive and it took up at least 10 GB. I'm thinking it was more like 15-20, but I will need to check. That was an early gen 360 game. Imagine how much space games are going to take up on the new system. I can almost guarantee that the next Elder Scrolls game takes up close to 100GB on its own. Now start adding updates, DLC (ME 2 and Fallout 3 DLC took up A TON of space) and digital games and that POS is going to run out of space quick. PP is right you can just remove the games off of your HD, but from the sounds of things people are going to have to constantly manage their HD content.

Also.... since when does a game take up 70 gb of HDD space? 6-7 games? Really?

Might want to try more like 45 games installed (without dlc) where the install takes 11 gigs. Even then that might be a bit much.

You can also try PP's suggestions and get a external TB HDD or simply uninstall the games when you are done with them to make room for other games.

I get where you are coming from when it comes to building your own library.. I do that too. I am sitting on over 100 games on xbox 360 alone and I dislike trading in. But I never play more than 5 games at once, or never actively play more than 5 games at a time.

I also install each game I currently have 'active' and uninstall when I am done with it to make room for another game.

From what I'm understanding the new games will be blu ray format and up to 50 gigs each. If that's the case, you also have to factor in the fact that the operating system will be taking up a percentage of the 500GB's, as well as any downloaded content.

Imagine you're in the Superbowl; you're a receiver and you're trailing 21-17 with five seconds on the clock, no timeouts. The ball is hiked, you run your route, break free of the secondary, and haul in an over the top pass from your QB.

Regulation has expired, you have 20 yards to go, and the defense is seeing nothing but your tail lights... except you decide that 20 yards is too far to run so you just trot out of bounds and pass the ball to a line judge while saying "Good game!"

What's the relevance? Well, this essentially is what Sony may be doing with the PS4. A group of users started an anti-DRM campaign regarding the PS4 on twitter which has picked up enough steam to reach the big suits in Sony. Some of them applauded gamers on their passion, however, refused to comment on what their used game policy will actually be.

Sony has this "console war" seemingly in the bag, wrapped up, and delivered before either of the two major consoles launch (thanks to all of Microsoft's red tape, fees and spyware). Could Sony really be this stupid to just cast that all away?

PlayStation 4 Anti-DRM, Pro Used Gaming Campaign Gets Replies from Sony Execs

They'll have something in place for used games. Like I said EA didn't bow out of online passess out of the goodness of their heart. We can only hope someone will sit down with both companies at E3 and get some concrete answers.

You always have to instal games on the PS3 and I have plent of space on my 320 and thats with a bunch of games downloaded also. I think I have like 60gb left Now Downloading whole games thats takes a ton of space thats what the majority of my used space is is free psn games

IDK I would say as an indie developer myself, its pretty hard to get a title published on either platforms consoles. Take for instance my latest title called "Slaychandim's Sock Rape 2013", so far not a peep from XBL or PSN on letting me make some easy $$$ by releasing this monster.

so serious question i got a email from blizzard today saying that my account was being closed for violations such as running illegal programs , my concern is that i haven't touched this game (diablo3) or my blizzard account in well over 6 months does anybody know if this is a phishing attempt or does it just sound like my account got hacked also yeah i nevger used mods or hacks

There's a pretty well known phishing email that was circulating using battle net accounts. The link would take you to a log in screen that looked just like Blizzards. I'd go to Blizzards website and email them directly.

Back
Top Bottom