Random Gaming News

Been badly busy lately at work
Sucks, I miss this

Honestly, that's been me too. Lots of work, not a lot of downtime. But when I stopped by and saw that none of the usual threads were active in the (months?) since I've been away, my heart sank a little. I always got some joy out of reading and participating in conversations with you guys.

I think I'm done with destiny. No time to invest

I think Forsaken will be a turning point for me. I will either keep playing, or call it a day. While there aren't really a lot of (or any) other games that are really grabbing my interest, I was thinking about how much I'd like a new Borderlands game, but with Destiny's gunplay. Destiny can't do the humorous stuff that BL got so flawlessly, but BL's gun mechanics comparatively made me shudder. I tried going back to play some time during the end of D1, and holy crap, there's just no comparison.

Watch Dogs 2 and the Big Brain

I recently have been playing Watch Dogs 2, in which the protagonist controls the city through his cell phone in a somewhat dystopian fashion. While theres much abuse of modern tech in this game, hacking and committing DDos attacks in the name of the law, the game does brings up the exciting yet terrifying theme of AI controlled future cities. Upon further research, I found that Alibaba Cloud is currently experimenting with this technology and is already employing it in some large Chinese cities, particularly its headquarter city, Hangzhou. The "Big Brain" as they call it is working to automize emergency response, healthcare, and traffic signals. From a Star Trek like command center, a few human managers can monitor the entire flow of the city from the airplanes to the pedestrians. While it does have a big brother fear factor, it certainly can lower risks for the average citizen and give them services that are tailored to each individual to increase productivity. I imagine it will someday be able to have all the features the protagonist in Watch Dogs have. Will certainly keep an eye on it. For those interested, I recommend learning about the data analysis of the shared bicycle program in China, analysis that is then used to power the Brain. Link attached.

Red dead 2 was amazing. I know a lot of ppl didn't like it but I enjoyed every minute of it....except guarma which seemed more like an uncharted game.

Now I need a break from games for a week or two.

Apex Legends is pretty good. I'm playing it every day for at least an hour or two. That game is also an example of how you do marketing right - influencers.

I like it when the team I'm paired with sticks together and plays correctly.

I've been stuck on a few where right from the beginning both team members go in opposite directions and we get our numbered quickly.

I do like the hero aspect of different characters.

Back
Top Bottom