RAM or Graphics Card?

samm_counsell

Beta member
Right so i play a few games on xbox but recently ive been wanting to play games such as battlefield 1 on my laptop.My current laptop is a HP pavilion with 8GB of RAM ,integrated graphics and a AMD Quad core proccessor.I dont have that much money and i was wondering if i was going to upgrade eiher my RAM or Graphics card for running big games like this smoothly (wifi and MBPS and such is not a problem as i have B4RN) Opinions?

Upgrade, no. Add externally, yes.

You will need something like this:
EXP GDC Beast Laptop External Independent Video Card Dock - US$49.99 sold out

You will also need a monitor, a graphics card, and a power supply with enough wattage to power said graphics card.

That'll only be usable if OP's laptop has either: a compatible mini PCI-E slot (would have to replace wifi card most likely) or express-card slot. Since it's a Pavilion (consumer-grade), it most likely won't have an express-card slot (usually only found on business-grade laptops).

THose things are a cool concept but not really meant for gaming. If they made one for Thunderbolt I'd be more interested.

The benchmarks I've seen from them seem to make them seem decent. I remember thinking about getting one for my GT70 for ****s and giggles, since the mini PCI-E is easy to get to (it's on the top of the laptop underneath the touchbar panel where the power button is). Just wouldn't be pretty.

I do believe Razer thought about that iirc. Might be used in their tech later on? :omg:
Razer Core requires TB3 and costs 500 bucks and pretty much only works on their Razer Blade notebooks. There are other box solutions like it, but this small kit without the extra manufacturing is nice because you can use your own PSU and make your own chassis for it. Oh, and it's 50 bucks. Putting a TB2 interface on it would be a massive increase in bandwidth and be compatible with a lot of older laptops with good CPUs in them. I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

The benchmarks I've seen from them seem to make them seem decent. I remember thinking about getting one for my GT70 for ****s and giggles, since the mini PCI-E is easy to get to (it's on the top of the laptop underneath the touchbar panel where the power button is). Just wouldn't be pretty.
Benchmarks normally don't show latency. Some show frametimes but I don't remember seeing anybody showing these. Not to mention, 8/8 is required for SLI for a reason. Running any kind of good card on 1 lane is bananas. (1x slots are usually PCI-E 1.0 as well) You're talking a lot of lost performance there.

Hi,
I would like to provide you an information that you have to use a dedicated graphics card that will be priceless.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom