PSVR

I'm definitely not sold on VR. It seems super gimmicky to me and the prices for this, Oculus and the Vive are insane. Sony realized this pretty quickly so they got a $500 bundle put together that includes the camera and two motion controllers.

My buddy ordered a Oculus so I am gonna give that a whirl something this month or next month. I don't think it'll convince me to get a VR headset though.

Sony has said the don't want to try and compare to Oculus / Vive though, I believe. Which they're right in doing so, because they're different experiences altogether. Different resolutions and such. Though apparently Sony isn't allowing any games that are <60fps (which is good that they're having at least some quality control).

Sony has said the don't want to try and compare to Oculus / Vive though, I believe. Which they're right in doing so, because they're different experiences altogether. Different resolutions and such. Though apparently Sony isn't allowing any games that are <60fps (which is good that they're having at least some quality control).

Ya, but as a consumer I am comparing it to the Oculus and Vive. At the end of the day I'm strapping on a big *** headset, holding two motion/touch controllers in front of a camera. This is the same setup for Oculus/Vive as well.

I want to believe. But, I am really skeptical.

Ya, but as a consumer I am comparing it to the Oculus and Vive. At the end of the day I'm strapping on a big *** headset, holding two motion/touch controllers in front of a camera. This is the same setup for Oculus/Vive as well.

I want to believe. But, I am really skeptical.

And that's the reason why I'd prefer Sony not be doing PSVR...because then if it's a bad experience from low resolution ("omg this looks like crap!"), it could turn people away from VR in the future from devices like the Rift / Vive. Granted VR is kind of a niche thing right now (considering how much horsepower it takes to run the things)..but once things become cheaper people may be 'put off' by experiences they had in the past.

I could be talking out of my *** though - I haven't tried any VR. Maybe PSVR will be good - who knows.

A few lesser known podcasts have been saying that they think PSVR is the better OVERALL experience, so that's promising. That being said--I want to believe this will be good, but it will require a demo and some proven game experiences to justify.

A few lesser known podcasts have been saying that they think PSVR is the better OVERALL experience, so that's promising. That being said--I want to believe this will be good, but it will require a demo and some proven game experiences to justify.

I'm sure Gamestop and Best Buy will have a demo for you to try out lol

I think my biggest concern with this tech is the amount of puking that is going to go along with it. Seriously, I think motion sickness is going to kill this for a lot of people.

I haven't been super excited about most of the games announced for it except ace combat. Can't wait to play ace combat on this thing.

I haven't been super excited about most of the games announced for it except ace combat. Can't wait to play ace combat on this thing.

I can't wait to play Ace Combat in general. I hope it returns to the greatness of the PS1 and PS2 games. The last couple were fun, but nowhere near as good IMO.

I think my biggest concern with this tech is the amount of puking that is going to go along with it. Seriously, I think motion sickness is going to kill this for a lot of people.
That's why Rift and Vive are so spendy...because of the R&D they've been putting in to counter the motion sickness...which is also why it takes a beastly system to run them properly.

I can't wait to play Ace Combat in general. I hope it returns to the greatness of the PS1 and PS2 games. The last couple were fun, but nowhere near as good IMO.

Vector Thrust for PC is pretty damn close to Ace Combat. Even the story cutscenes are drawing-style with voice over like AC4 rather than animated (like ****ty Assault Horizon). It's pretty damn tough though.

But I agree...holy **** Ace Combat in VR would be amazing.

Back
Top Bottom