PS4, Xbone, Development

Awesome post for the dude, Forsakend.

I was thinking about this topic this morning and was thinking that if you're an indie dev and you choose consoles over PC then you better have a really good product to unleash. If you think about successful indies over last few years they've all had top notch graphics, gameplay, and unique ideas. Pixeljunk, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Braid, Fez, Dishwasher Samurai, World of Goo, Machinarium are some examples of indie games that did extremely well on consoles.

PC gamers are more understanding to smaller indie games like VVVVVV, Darwinia, EDGE, Uplink are a few games I don't think would do very well to the average console gamer. And lately to games in progress when thinking about Starbound, Prison Architect, Rust and DayZ.

I know the requirements of pretty much all things done on a PC because I take the time to research what I'm saying on the boards in that aspect. I don't do just gaming builds specifically, although those are the easiest due to the market.

1000 bucks for a budget to develop on PC is quite a bit considering if you aren't gaming a large portion from the GPU is freed for CPU and RAM. Don't need a huge honking PSU either due to low GPU demands. Workstation builds are all pretty straight forward when it comes to it.

Yeah, I didn't mean anything by it. I just know Forsakend has talked about being an indie game developer and thought he'd have more insight into that world.

Awesome post for the dude, Forsakend.

I was thinking about this topic this morning and was thinking that if you're an indie dev and you choose consoles over PC then you better have a really good product to unleash. If you think about successful indies over last few years they've all had top notch graphics, gameplay, and unique ideas. Pixeljunk, Castle Crashers, Super Meat Boy, Braid, Fez, Dishwasher Samurai, World of Goo, Machinarium are some examples of indie games that did extremely well on consoles.

PC gamers are more understanding to smaller indie games like VVVVVV, Darwinia, EDGE, Uplink are a few games I don't think would do very well to the average console gamer. And lately to games in progress when thinking about Starbound, Prison Architect, Rust and DayZ.

Yeah, I didn't mean anything by it. I just know Forsakend has talked about being an indie game developer and thought he'd have more insight into that world.
Oh too true, and I knew what you meant. Thing is the info required I can easily Google. Like what program is demanding on what part. Then put my knowledge of the hardware and current pricing at work.

Oh too true, and I knew what you meant. Thing is the info required I can easily Google. Like what program is demanding on what part. Then put my knowledge of the hardware and current pricing at work.

VMiF2.gif

Yep, I asked you for help/suggestions when I built my PC and I simply stated the programs I needed to run and how many of those programs at once needed to run simultaneously. For me, it was important to run UDK, Photoshop and Autodesk 3DSMax at the same time, minimum without much trouble.

I got it :p

Yep, I asked you for help/suggestions when I built my PC and I simply stated the programs I needed to run and how many of those programs at once needed to run simultaneously. For me, it was important to run UDK, Photoshop and Autodesk 3DSMax at the same time, minimum without much trouble.

I got it :p

I now know that PP is the only one qualified to google things to help people to build PCs. I won't mention anyone else again. Sorry, PP.

oqC5USk.gif

Yea, its true. It is also more costly to release to the console audience in general (from my understanding). When a game is on console, there are expectations of what it needs to be/look like/play just as the PC community expects it to have certain settings in the options menu (FOV adjustment/slider, broad graphic settings adjustment, mouse setting adjustment, re-adjustable key-binds, offer controller support).

I now know that PP is the only one qualified to google things to help people to build PCs. I won't mention anyone else again. Sorry, PP.

oqC5USk.gif
The deal isn't the software but the hardware. That stuff I don't have to Google. It really is simply just getting the best bang for your buck and knowing the hardware to a T tailors perfectly to just that. Sure anybody can Google anything they want but that's only half the battle. If I wanted a quick reference I have no issues sending a PM to somebody on the board with more know in the subject than myself, or if anything to backup what I've looked up myself.

The deal isn't the software but the hardware. That stuff I don't have to Google. It really is simply just getting the best bang for your buck and knowing the hardware to a T tailors perfectly to just that. Sure anybody can Google anything they want but that's only half the battle. If I wanted a quick reference I have no issues sending a PM to somebody on the board with more know in the subject than myself, or if anything to backup what I've looked up myself.

LFyp0.gif

Back
Top Bottom