ps3 vs xbox360 vs revolution

Status
Not open for further replies.
wrong place but anyways

I don't play em too much but PS3 has lied to the public by saying it's backwards compatable hasen't it. It's common knowladge now that Blue-Ray fondation and HD-DVD corps have failed at making their hybred format. Doesn't that mean PS3's Blue Ray player will not support the DVD format at all making PS2 games not playable?

Another thing that scares me about the PS3 and Blue-Ray is it's 1x read speed. While HD-DVD is promising 16x if I am not mistaken. That will make loading times VERY BAD on high definition technology right? The Xbox will no doubt have faster loading times even if it has worse hardware (not sure on that fact) due to the media format.

Regardless both the PS3 and Xbox360 will offer High definition which is good if they can get lots of nice high quality onto the disc with a reasonable speed. Revolution will not offer high deffinition but is offering "free" downloads to NES classics with a "uncomfirmed promise" that the games will get a minor graphic face lift. This is not enough to buy a modern machine.

i heard that xbox360 and revolution uses ati graphics
and ps3 nvidia graphics

can u tell me the type of the vga, i mean which radeon and which geforce

A guy from Microsoft came into work the other week well impressed with the new Xbox. Apparently it'll come in two different versions one a bit more expensive but offering more functionality. Sounded to me like playing games was just an extra addition. it'll have ability to connect play video and music off your computer wirelessly n stuff. basically a home entertainment system rather than just a game console. He waffled on for a bit about high definition support and stuff. and how everything will be wireless (including controllers)...

...you can probably tell i'm not much of a gamer

from what i hear sony are relying on top games rather than loads of extras to shift their consoles.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom