PS3 4.45 Update (DON'T DO IT)

I think that it was limited to people with upgraded HDDs, and of that group only some people experienced the issue. That was what I read last night about 1100 CrT.

Looks like Sony pulled the firmware update and will release a patched version tomorrow.

If anyone here has a bricked PS3, there's instructions on reddit on how to boot it up into safe mode and "un-brick it" until Sony rolls out that patch:

"you can fix it yourself. to do this, boot into safe mode and re-update the firmware. to access safe mode (i didn't know it existed until this): power off the ps3, then hold down the power on key until the system has powered up three times. do not release the power key until the third power up. the 1st power up is normal mode (which is broken), the 2nd is video reset mode (which won't help) but the 3rd will bypass the broken firmware and let you re-update. sony gets bad marks for releasing an incompletely tested firmware update, but kudos for having the safe mode which saves you having to send it in and them from being sued."

How to fix the PS3 if it's bricked : gaming

I've had to go into Safe Mode before to rebuild some things to get my BluRay functionality working after my console was abruptly shutoff.

I'm waiting until the patch is confirmed before I boot. I was ready to play some last of us also.

You don't have to worry about getting the patch yet if you haven't gotten it already. It's been pulled.

Back
Top Bottom