Status
Not open for further replies.

phantomdentist

Beta member
K bit of an odd 1 here

basically playing playstation2 through my pc

Have the playstation2 hooked up with a Adaptec GameBridge AVC-1400

Adaptec GameBridge AVC-1400 (General)

so thats image n sound sorted with no lag in realtime play, very simple solution n cheap

My fav games are fps so theres no point in a playstation 2 without a mouse n keyboard now is there, well

PS2 Max Shooter Keyboard/Mouse Adapter

DDRBOX.com - PLAYSTATION 2 PS2 MAX SHOOTER KEYBOARD MOUSE CONVERTER ADAPTER (LIKE SMARTJOY FRAG)

Its fully programmable so you can alter ur mouse sens and use whatever keys you want for movement etc (with the exception of a few unsupported keys, i would imagen windows key etc)

K finally i have my ps2 controller adapter and my adaptoid meaning i can use ps2 controllers and n64 controllers on my pc

So it almost the perfect setup . . almost

I have my mouse n keyboard on my desk (just 1 mouse n 1 keyboard) and obviously i dont want to be getting under my desk to switch the keyboard n mouse from my pc ports to the MaxShooter ports for my playstation2, what i need then is a 2 port ps2 switch such as

Belkin KVM/Omniview Series 2-Port KVM PS2 Switch with with built-in cables (F1DK102PUK)

However, heres the problem, this switches assume you are switching between 2 pcs and so firstly, you switch with hotkeys and secondly its switches the monitor over as well

What i need is a switch where you switch it manually with a physical switch on the box as obviously i am switching to a playstation2 and so hotkeys wont do.

Secondly i need 1 that dosnt include the monitor vga component as im not switching monitors (both pc and playstation2 run on the same 3007 wfp) It could be that if you don't plug anything into the vgas then the switch just ignores that port but i cant find out if this is so or not

If i cna find 1 then i can be on my pc, start the app that runs with the game bridge (1 click) switch the . . switch (1 click) and bamb without even moving from my seat or moving my hand from my mouse im playing a ps2 game with mouse n keyboard on pc monitor

any takers ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom