Problem with steam and firewalls Can't play Darwinia

Status
Not open for further replies.

dgg9879

Beta member
When I try to play the game Darwinia over Valve's steam engine it keeps locking up. Valve's diagnostic tells me the firewall is preventing the game from working and provides the following advice on how to fix the problem. Someone please tell me how to remove permissions from the firewall's permissions list, as advised here. I have the free versio of ZoneAlarm. Please also tell me how I should have the settings for trusted zone security to play this game.

Troubleshooting Steps

Remove Permissions for Steam Executables

Close the Steam client application and remove all instances of the following executables from your firewall's permissions list:
* steaminstall.exe
* steam.exe
* hl.exe
* hl2.exe
* steamTmp.exe

Permissions for these executables will need to be re-learned by your firewall.
Set New Permissions

Open Steam to allow your firewall to re-learn permissions for the Steam executables. If your firewall does not prompt you to set new permissions, the security settings may be to strict - you will need to change these settings so you will be prompted to set permissions.

Give the Steam executables permission for all TCP and UDP ports when prompted.
Reboot

Restart your computer and load Steam.

Open up the Control Center on ZA. Click Program Control on the left, then the Programs tab up top. Scroll down and give anything that has to do with Steam or Valve full permissions. Close Control Center.

No offense, but darwinia is a terreible game I dont tihnk Iw ould want to tpla y that game in my opinion. But from what trottter is explaining he technically right and from what he is saying I" tihnk that is the only tihng that I could come up with if I waas to explain it to you.

darwinia is a bad game but to make it worse it has memory leaks that cause BSODs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom