Portal 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I've been slacking! I've been building my sandy bridge machine and haven't been playing too much. Then last night I got sucked into BC2. I'm only on chpt 6, but so far it's just excellent. The witty comments throughout are seriously amazing and so creative! The script and voice acting make the game, hands down. Just proves once again that cutting edge graphics aren't everything.

A lot of the funny stuff wasn't scripted. Try just standing around and listen to the banter between the different characters. :D

Not seen anything on it yet so...

B-<><>Was not all that impressed but it is still Portal. It was rather funny but kind of boring at the same time. It had to much of a plot and not enough challenging puzzles. Took me a few hours to complete it and only got stumped on one of the "tests"

Thoughts?

I've been slacking! I've been building my sandy bridge machine and haven't been playing too much. Then last night I got sucked into BC2. I'm only on chpt 6, but so far it's just excellent. The witty comments throughout are seriously amazing and so creative! The script and voice acting make the game, hands down. Just proves once again that cutting edge graphics aren't everything.

So, how are you doing? Because I'm a potato!

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What the **** am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" J. K. Simmons as Cave Johnson, Portal 2

There's a Portal 2 Soundboard app for Android, it has all the quotes. I have the turret sound of 'Hey, it's me!' as my notification tone :D

"When life gives you lemons, don't make lemonade. Make life take the lemons back! Get mad! I don't want your **** lemons! What the **** am I supposed to do with these?! Demand to see life's manager! Make life rue the day it thought it could give Cave Johnson lemons! Do you know who I am? I'm the man who's gonna burn your house down! WITH THE LEMONS! I'm gonna get my engineers to invent a combustible lemon that BURNS YOUR HOUSE DOWN!" J. K. Simmons as Cave Johnson, Portal 2

Yeah! Yeah! Yeah!

Absolutely. Modern games have been so much about the graphics that people (me included) have totally forgot just how much difference some good scripting is.

Not seen anything on it yet so...

B-<><>Was not all that impressed but it is still Portal. It was rather funny but kind of boring at the same time. It had to much of a plot and not enough challenging puzzles. Took me a few hours to complete it and only got stumped on one of the "tests"

Thoughts?

You have to remember logic and puzzle solving is a very specific talent that you can't really learn. There are some not so clever people that are just good at puzzles. And then there are some clever people who are no good at puzzles. They had to make the game with this in mind.

I am towards the end of no good at puzzles. I'm not totally useless, probably average. There are definitely a good 5 or so puzzles that i genuinely thought were impossible for 20 minutes or so. In all fairness, half the time it was because i hadn't actually seen something - not because i couldn't figure it out. In the second half of the game i cant think of many, if any puzzles that i understood straight away.

It sounds like you are one of them people with good logic skills and can see the solution in your head pretty quickly. I kind of feel sorry for you, i found the game fun because it got the balance of difficulty and doableness (is that a word lol ?) spot on. I would wait for DLC and custom maps made through the yet-to-be released SDK, people are sure to make stupidly hard puzzles.

Absolutely. Modern games have been so much about the graphics that people (me included) have totally forgot just how much difference some good scripting is.

Really though what did we expect from the universe of Half-Life? I would dare to say the Half-Life and Portal universe have some of the best and most in depth story and history. One of Valves key success notes. That and having the greatest game engine of all time.

I agree with you completely. Valve always does a good job at throwing you back with amazing characters, storyline, and gameplay. It really shows how unimportant graphics really are, especially considering the fact that we can have a game look almost as good as reality these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom