Playstation with portable dvd player

Status
Not open for further replies.

oneforall

Banned
I have been wondering about something for a little while now. I was wondering how to hook up a playstation to a portable dvd player. I have seen this many times on tv shows like pimp my ride etc. But i'm not quite sure what is needed or how to do it. The problem is the connectors to the dvd player do not fit like those that are on the tv. Although i heard sound on it for a minute(no video) the connectors just dont fit. That was a test just to see if it would work. I am wondering if there is some other kind of cable needed or a special adapter needed to play the playstation on this. Any help appreciated

no dude im talking about playing games from the playstation on the portable dvd player using the dvd player as a screen for the playstation

Tyler1989 said:
But the playstation has a built in DVD player....

LOL.

what kind of video inputs does the dvd player have? like a headphone jack?

im sure you can find the adapter and your local radio shack.

actually it has the audio and the video input and output along with headphone. But the audio and video are the same size and shape of the headphone jack and the ps2 cables dont fit (but i know they would work if i could find some way to put them in)

An adapter.

I am trying to figure this out and it's driving me crazy! I have checked out all of the cables etc... on www.us.playstation.com and have found one that should allow this to work. The name is the Sony SCPH 10130 A/V Adapter, but only one problem. Nobody has it in stock? I have checked 2 local malls in the Colorado area and online, and the only 2 places I've found that list it are Walmart.com and radioshack.com. But again they are out of stock? My portable dvd player has the 2 inputs that look like head phone jacks for the audio and video and came with a plugin cable that should hook up with the sony adapter if I could ever find it.
Let me know if you find another way to accomplish this ok. In the mean time I think I'm going to radioshack tomorrow and see if they can suggest something.

Connect your Playstation to your DVD player composite audio and visual input. This is provided that it has those inputs.

Ok well I went to Radio Shack and purchased a 3 way phono to phono extender adapter, and sure enough this worked! I am so happy!

I'm just about to buy a portable DVD player and I definitely want to be able to connect it up to my playstation so that I can use its screen.

Do I need to buy a specific kind of DVD Player with specifis kinds of leads or input and output sockets?

Also, do you know if there's a Portable DVD player that actually plays playstation games with controllers etc...?

Cheers

Well the kind of inputs that come on the dvd player depend on the price of the unit. There should be 2 different kinds of inputs.
1. A standard red, white, and yellow vcr type connector and
2. 2 headphone input jacks, one for audio and the other for video.
Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom