• More Tactical games/RPGs eg Age of Empires, FFtactics

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
"The Oracle..."

DMo224 said:
Here's my evaluation:

Place this poll in the PC Gaming section and the PC gets the most votes. Place this poll in the xBox section and the xBox gets the most votes and people ask why a PC was included in a gaming "system". Place this poll in the PS2 section and the PS2 gets the most votes and people ask why a PC was included in a gaming "system". Place this poll in the Nintendo section and nobody answers it. :p

But by the truist sense, the best gaming system is in the eyes of the owner, and all the gamers will never agree to what is best since they can't agree on the criteria for that determination.

Dave :D
You're absolutley right!
But to be honest, I didn't want this poll to be based on mereley a matter of opinion. Since most people that are posting on which system is better are meareley posting because that's the only system they have. I wanted more reactions of why one system is better than the outher. I mean, think about it; you can't really say one sytem is better than the outher when you really dont know as much about the outher system. (allthough i have gotten allot of Rock solid substance when it comes to PCs.) :cool:

The next step would be to determine the criteria for rating the systems. Maybe someone can suggest some criteria for rating and we can all rate the systems that we've had or used. But that brings up the later point, how many people have both systems?

Without a control group, with everyone having both systems, and both systems bought at the same time, I don't know if we can get a good representation of which console is "best".

But that's just me!

Dave :D

"Morphius"

OK. Let's try this then:

Rate your system:
Describe the good things about your system as well as bad, then rate your game machine in a scale from 1 to 10.

Rules: Anything goes except for foul language and excessive personal attacks. (Keep it at a minimal people.) :cool:

Re: "PS2"

ATIRAGEPRO said:
It's just Awsome. There are soo-Many hidden upgradable features in PS2, that it's not even like it's a console.:cool:

I have a PS2 and your post makes me very curious... what sort of things can you upgrade on a ps2???

"Reloaded"

PS2 Upgrades:

PC200 SDRAM, Some imbedded microprocessor, 20-83 GB hard drive, and the ability to use an external ZIP drive through USB as a memory card.

All it needs is an operating system, and you could use a USB mouse and keyboard, and probably use the Firewire port to connect your ipod and listen to your Mp3s.

I heard about all this in the Japanese version of Playstation.com. Some things like the microprocessor are rumored. Though that would be cool.
I cant think of anything else it would need except some video RAM.
:cool:

I would have to say PC if you are asking whats the best gaming system, however if you were asking what the best console is I'd have to say Xbox. PC's are great if you have a decent system. I think my primary gaming system will always be a console, at least until I get a decent job and can afford to buy/build a top of the range PC.

"Live in your Matrix, Play in ours.(PS2)..."

Retro said:
I would have to say PC if you are asking whats the best gaming system, however if you were asking what the best console is I'd have to say Xbox. PC's are great if you have a decent system. I think my primary gaming system will always be a console, at least until I get a decent job and can afford to buy/build a top of the range PC.
Hey. Do you play games online? :cool:

Not right now, but once I build my new computer this summer I should be able to. I'm getting a PC in my room and hooking it up to a phone line through ADSL. I'm gonna buy an ADSL/ROUTER combination so I can get my Xbox online on Xbox Live aswell.

Chubz said:
Here is my evaluation of the whole point.

PC = VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY VERY UNDERRATED. Sometimes it really makes me mad how underrated the PC is. It is, no doubt, the best, and I mean BEST thing you can play games on. Consoles play no role in the battle against PC's, and with a PC, you can do literally everything. Literally perfect online support, awesome graphics if you can get a good video card, superb games (Doom 3, Half Life 2, Far Cry - you name it!). The PC is almost always left out of gaming conversations - at least where I live, and this really makes me mad. I think too many people are "afraid" of trying out a PC because they do not believe that they are capable of putting up with the "high-tech" stuff that PC's offer and upgrading options. An example of this is how I am the only person in my school who knows what a video card is - at least this is what I get out of talking to almost everyone in the school.

Very, very true, my high school is the same way. People are PC-geek unfriendly here. Everybody who does play games are Playstation 2 fans here. My sister has a PS2 and I don't see what all of the fuss is about. The graphics are really beginning to look dated. The only advantage the PS2 has is the wide variety of games. I, myself, stay away from the consoles and stick to the PC, which I like everything about. If I did buy a console, however, it would be the XBOX.

"Join us...."

Retro said:
Not right now, but once I build my new computer this summer I should be able to. I'm getting a PC in my room and hooking it up to a phone line through ADSL. I'm gonna buy an ADSL/ROUTER combination so I can get my Xbox online on Xbox Live aswell.
Well, whenever you get an ADSL router, consider joining our clan: Clan Under Construction :)= :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom