Playing console games on a PC monitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

Toshiro

In Runtime
This is a fairly simple question...

I'm looking for a device that will let me take any RCA video output (the yellow wire) and convert that to a VGA output that I can plug into my LCD computer monitor. My monitor only has 1 VGA input and 1 DVI input. I just want to be able to take the RCA video wire from my game consoles, mainly my older consoles since I already have an "Xbox 360 to VGA" cable that lets me use my 360 with my PC monitor... I just plug my sound cables into my subwoofer with speakers for 2.1 sound.

Are there any such devices out there (that are also reasonably priced)? I've tried googling around but everything I find is very ambiguous about what each device does, such as whether it's "RCA input" as opposed to "RCA output" (which I don't want).

Also, if there happens to be a similar device that would convert RCA video output to DVI output, I'd be interested in that too, if it would accomplish the same thing.

I used to have my ps2 hooked up to my computer monitor. I forget the name of the device I used. I think I still have it, if I can find it I will post the name.

Anyway, it worked pretty good for me. The picture wasn't as clear as it normally would have been, but it still worked great and I had no issues.

I tried putting thru my TV tuner card, saddly there was about 1 second delay. I guess you will have to make sure there is no delay with the converter as well, else you will hit a button on the controller, but not see the effect for a second.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom