Performance: Consoles vs Computers

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's why consoles are pathetic. No professional gamer likes consoles simply because you are limited to crap quality resolution and crap framerates. How can you rocket jump, plasma climb, shotgun shift , bunny hop, air strafe with thirty frames per second ? not to mention your controller is not as fast as a mouse. mice can go extremely responsive ( for example Razer copperhead)

That's why pro gamers can play their game. They don't have pro gears for consoles either.

Obviously I am not a professional gamer, but I do see myself gaming more than the average person.

You are implying that because a game can be played at a higher res, it is a better game? I have seen and met some pro gamers and from what I have seen it doesn't really matter how good the graphics or how good the resolution is. One main reason why I think pro gamers tend to be attracted to the PC is because of the mouse. It is much more responsive and accurate compared to analog sticks.

But that does not make consoles pathetic, and if you are running at a solid 30 frames per second, how is that a crap frame rate? You aren't fluxuating and it is above the framerate in which most people can actually see. think that is insane to correlate the graphical quality of a game to the greatness of a game.

Most pro gamers don't play platformers either which isn't really a strong point for PC games. It's just sad to call consoles pathetic when their game selection is so massive and filled with quality games which the PC definately lacks. How can someone call themself a gamer... a true gamer, and deny the console? I mean it's obvious you have your choice, if you are a big FPS guy then I would go to PC gaming -- the fact is not all gamers have to be fps fans.

aaronkupen said:
Obviously I am not a professional gamer, but I do see myself gaming more than the average person.

You are implying that because a game can be played at a higher res, it is a better game? I have seen and met some pro gamers and from what I have seen it doesn't really matter how good the graphics or how good the resolution is. One main reason why I think pro gamers tend to be attracted to the PC is because of the mouse. It is much more responsive and accurate compared to analog sticks.

But that does not make consoles pathetic, and if you are running at a solid 30 frames per second, how is that a crap frame rate? You aren't fluxuating and it is above the framerate in which most people can actually see. think that is insane to correlate the graphical quality of a game to the greatness of a game.

Most pro gamers don't play platformers either which isn't really a strong point for PC games. It's just sad to call consoles pathetic when their game selection is so massive and filled with quality games which the PC definately lacks. How can someone call themself a gamer... a true gamer, and deny the console? I mean it's obvious you have your choice, if you are a big FPS guy then I would go to PC gaming -- the fact is not all gamers have to be fps fans.

Wow. Someone that actually can stand 30 FPS. Congratulations, you ARE pro.

actually, aaron have to disagree with you there. The 30 FPS rule is different on highly detailed games. It has to do with many different aspects. TV, this is true, as it is true with movie theaters. With a TV distance and pixel size = poorer quality, in a movie theater you have a motion/blur effect due to white wash, or light that comes back to us from an after image, this in essence blurs what we see and makes it look good. on a monitor, you have a proximityxdetail(via software)x detail via pixel size. We can actually see upto around 70 FPS, at times. This does, however, depend on how nice the game looks. Now, the idea that the 360 is lacking because of this is COMPLETELY WRONG! The 360 can support faster FPS than this, but what is happening is the PC ports are locked at 30FPS to make the port less of a hassle. The 360 can in fact support much higher resolutions. Take quake and prey for example, they are just ports, nothing is really improved upon. 30FPS is NOT bad, but it can be better. Oh yeah, as far as fluctuating, that is true. its a locked speed, which really helps out alot. It is just easier to port this way, that way much of the code and details dont have to be rewritten to take advantage of hardware. Its really a problem with the software developers not wanting to go the xtra mile.

this always happens every release of a console puts pc gammers on edge making us think that consoles are gonna take over the thing is at the moment consoles are about even but pc is allready taking fo from what the 360 can do many say well iots a 3 core cpu at 3.2 gigs the cpu is made by ibm and u can use the intel vs amd argument here yes it has 3 core at 3.2 how eficient are those cores i can say oblivion on my pc compared to it on my friends 360 side to side i beat him anyway in a few months when direct x10 is released copnsoles will have been lost im not shure if u have seen crysis but it makes 360 look like a childs toy as read in an article about crysis and this is what is always going to happen console beat pc or get even and in a few months new tech comes out and the pc surpasses it consoles canot keep up withj the tech as they are not upgradable

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom