Pen-And-Paper/Tabletop Gaming

Puckett

Daemon Poster
Just curious if anyone else games outside the console/PC world - I run a Fate Core campaign for my kid (instead of getting her into D&D/Pathfinder, I figured I'd get her into a system that would let her make ALL the games) and have been known to bust out board/card games (Arkham Horror, Gloom, Murder Of Crows, Superfight).

I've done some D&D, and Warhammer FRP, but primarily have played Fate stuff. I'm in the middle of a Fate campaign now run by my housemate.

Just curious if anyone else games outside the console/PC world - I run a Fate Core campaign for my kid (instead of getting her into D&D/Pathfinder, I figured I'd get her into a system that would let her make ALL the games) and have been known to bust out board/card games (Arkham Horror, Gloom, Murder Of Crows, Superfight).

I was big into D&D back in the day (Basic/Expert, AD&D up through 2nd edition, maybe 2.5). I was the DM most of the time. I also played some other games like Gamma World, 007, some Mayfair games, etc.

I moved on into Champions (a Hero system superhero RPG) and then on into pure Hero system, running fantasy, ninja, sci-fi, street-level supers, spies, all kinds of games using the Hero system.

I also played Magic: The Gathering for a while and was a bit too good and spent a bit too much money at the time. I sold all my cards when I decided to stop bleeding money.

I don't play any RPGs anymore, though. But I have loads of stories and memories from them.

I play finger football at my desk. I turned a couple of pens into field goal posts and try to see how many FG's I can hit in a row.

I know, that's probably like the mobile gaming equivalent of tabletop games, but I get by with what I can lol

I've done some D&D, and Warhammer FRP, but primarily have played Fate stuff. I'm in the middle of a Fate campaign now run by my housemate.

I LOVE Fate Core. Very hackable, as simple or complex as you need. Do you read the Fate Codex? They just added all the back issues to DriveThru RPG. It's good stuff. And then there are the Fate Scenarios from Patreon - The Secrets Of Cats is pretty amazing.

I was big into D&D back in the day (Basic/Expert, AD&D up through 2nd edition, maybe 2.5). I was the DM most of the time. I also played some other games like Gamma World, 007, some Mayfair games, etc.

I moved on into Champions (a Hero system superhero RPG) and then on into pure Hero system, running fantasy, ninja, sci-fi, street-level supers, spies, all kinds of games using the Hero system.

I also played Magic: The Gathering for a while and was a bit too good and spent a bit too much money at the time. I sold all my cards when I decided to stop bleeding money.

I don't play any RPGs anymore, though. But I have loads of stories and memories from them.

used to love playing magic the gathering but man that game is a money trap

In high school, my Friday and Saturday nights consisted of pizza, speed/thrash metal, and playing Paranoia/Car Wars until we literally couldn't stay awake any longer. For me, D&D was before that. Enjoyed the hell out of it though.

And don't get me started on MtG. About 10 years back, I sold all my cards for about $1k. Today, I could probably get at least $15-$20k for them. And I REALLY wish I'd bought the $900 deck I saw back in college. Black Lotus, the Moxes, Library of Alexandria, etc. I could damn near buy a house with that now.

I'm kinda getting excited about the Chew card game coming from IDW Games. The comic is great and the creators are deeply involved in the game, so I hope it will have a similar feel and sense of humor.

:p

wkZhp.png

Back
Top Bottom