Peace out

lastplace09

Fully Optimized
The tech forum app doesn't work. (And hasn't forever)

The Tapatalk app is a nightmare to use.

It's incredibly difficult to use this forum on a cell phone.

Please delete my account if that's a thing.

Peace out boys.

I don't think you should delete your account.

I do think it is a shame that they can't fix their mobile app. Especially after they were talking about the push towards mobile etc etc.

I don't know what browser you use on your phone but I have luck with the Chrome browser and for this site specifically I request the desktop version and its good enough, but not perfect.But thankfully I can visit this site on my work pc

The tech forum app doesn't work. (And hasn't forever)

I do think it is a shame that they can't fix their mobile app. Especially after they were talking about the push towards mobile etc etc.

Alright, I'm sick of being nice and posting in our on-going thread in the mod board. I'm going to email the owners/maintainers directly because I agree that it's ridiculous that it's been this long and no word on the mobile app has been given.

If I had access, I would have been trying to get it working long ago. I'm really sorry that it's been such a PITA for you guys/other members - but there's honestly nothing I can do besides bitch as well.

That said, I have 0 issues with Tapatalk, so not sure what kinds of issues you're having...maybe it's just an issue with not knowing how to use it? I thought it was pretty intuitive though.

Carnage is going crack some skulls. Love it!

I have gotten used to Tapatalk, but I did like the app a lot more. Tapatalk is a little buggy on my Galaxy S5. For example, the refresh option rarely works, so I usually have to back out to the available boards screen and select whatever board I want to force it to refresh.

Alright, I'm sick of being nice and posting in our on-going thread in the mod board. I'm going to email the owners/maintainers directly because I agree that it's ridiculous that it's been this long and no word on the mobile app has been given.

If I had access, I would have been trying to get it working long ago. I'm really sorry that it's been such a PITA for you guys/other members - but there's honestly nothing I can do besides bitch as well.

That said, I have 0 issues with Tapatalk, so not sure what kinds of issues you're having...maybe it's just an issue with not knowing how to use it? I thought it was pretty intuitive though.

Thanks carnage, much appreciated.

I'll ask lastplace what specific problems he has with tapatalk and see if there's a way for people to give him some pointers

Carnage is going crack some skulls. Love it!
Thanks carnage, much appreciated.

Sent a message out via the contact form - if that garners no response, I also posted in our on-going issues thread. If no response there, then I'm just going to go into the ModCP and find their registered emails (or maybe even the domain registrar's email address via WHOIS).

Really sorry that this is going on guys and I'm as frustrated as you because there's no transparency going on.

I have gotten used to Tapatalk, but I did like the app a lot more. Tapatalk is a little buggy on my Galaxy S5. For example, the refresh option rarely works, so I usually have to back out to the available boards screen and select whatever board I want to force it to refresh.
I usually just keep my Tapatalk defaulted on either the Unread or Subscribed sections of the main screen. Refresh always works for me there.

I'll ask lastplace what specific problems he has with tapatalk and see if there's a way for people to give him some pointers

I've offered up assistance several times with using Tapatalk and gave advice - I used it over the official app even when it still worked because I just liked it more.

Tapatalk is freakin terrible when it comes to it. I can thankfully post on the board from work again but having the mobile app again would be nice.

I don't have issues with tap a talk. I guess we are all moving to the giant bomb forums huh

Fallout is coming!

And this is why I still love my desktop. I have zero issues with the forums from there. It's kind of like a home phone when you don't have a cell phone. If you call, and I'm not home, leave a message and I'll maybe call back when I get home again. Otherwise, it can wait. Call me old fashioned. :)

That said, a mobile forum would be nice, but I can do without it. I don't see the reason to get so angry over it. At the end of the day, it's just a luxury.

And this is why I still love my desktop. I have zero issues with the forums from there. It's kind of like a home phone when you don't have a cell phone. If you call, and I'm not home, leave a message and I'll maybe call back when I get home again. Otherwise, it can wait. Call me old fashioned. :)

That said, a mobile forum would be nice, but I can do without it. I don't see the reason to get so angry over it. At the end of the day, it's just a luxury.

Likewise, I fully agree :cool: im quite old fashioned too

Back
Top Bottom