Baseband Member
I just built a Gaming PC:

AMD Athlon FX-53
1.00 GB Ballistix Ram
Asus A8N- Deluxe SLI
Duel 6600 gt's
Raptor hardrive
Sound Audigy Soundblaster plat pro

i was wondering how to set up my video cards for gaming also my prosseser i saw on my video card that you can do application controlled or you can set the AA and AT myself but i can also set it up in the game my monitor goes to a max res of 1600x1200 it should be a power machine i just want to set it up to get the most out of it i dont know what setting to put it at for my games HL2 Doom3 Far Cry all the big names and big graphic punchers.

Why dont you just experiment with it? Increase the resolution, AA, AF, details, etc up to the point where your frame rate drops to a point where you can notice a difference.

Juice476 said:
I just built a Gaming PC:

AMD Athlon FX-53
1.00 GB Ballistix Ram
Asus A8N- Deluxe SLI
Duel 6600 gt's
Raptor hardrive
Sound Audigy Soundblaster plat pro

:(( ill take it off ur hands if u dont want it....

ok well all i can say is this..
upgrade ur vid card
then u can prolly go to its properties and find stuff if not look on the site under faqs... and u should be able to find out how

Not bad, as games go, Doom 3 is a good benchmark, you will use a lot of system rescources using this, a good test of your hardware and software. If your having issue, it seems software related.

just experiment. thats how you figure out how stuff works. for example, you notice that edges look jagged, so you check somthing called anistropic filtering on, you don't know what it is but what the heck, maybe it reduces the jagginess. you run a game, and you notice that the textures look sharper from distances, but the jaggies are still present. you leave on AF and check somthing else and so on and so on...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom