Online Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

dirkpitt45

Daemon Poster
I have age of empires 3 and so does a friend, thought we have some fun 1v1 or against the AI. Only problem is Ensemble Studios isn't around anymore to transfer my CD key from my old computer to the new one.

So how or is there anyway we could still play? I've heard a bit about Hamachi servers and I know people edited the HAWX demo to have an online component running off of those when it wasn't supposed to. I'd just like some way that we could connect some how and play some good ol age of empires.

Any ideas? I've got my old computer collecting more dust than usual that I could use as a server, though I have no experience or clue as to how to set that up.

As far as I know, you don't need to transfer your CD key. I have AoE 3 at home and have it installed on two different machines (mine, and my parents), where it is used interchangeably.

I know I installed it and ca play single, but to play online, for some reason my account won't log in. I forget the exact message but it said something like CD Key has already been used by another computer. Kinda of annoys me because I actually paid for it; and expert AI is embarrassingly easy to beat compared to another person.

Since Ensemble closed, I assume that your account won't log in since it no longer exists. Unless they used gamespy or some such service?
Anyway, using Hamachi should work, it will allow you to make it think you're playing over LAN, which I assume should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom