which one?

HunterStuck

Baseband Member
i am thinking of getting either an xbone or a ps4 can you please tell me some benifits of both please and which you would reccomened. oh and as for steam machines does anyone know when they are coming out and/ or if they are worth? i will get one of those if it is worth it.

Honestly depends on what games are out that you'd rather have. The PS4 has better hardware than the One, however. Right now though, there aren't many games out for either system.

I think if you want more of a gaming rig, get a PS4. If you want a system that gives you lots of different (and pointless IMO) apps and gadgets, get an Xbone. Honestly, either one will be a good choice. I'm just tired of Microsoft's ****.

Last edited:
You should watch the press conferences tomorrow. You'll have a more detailed road map of what to expect from both for the next year or two.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk

It's pretty much a mix of what everyone said. I have an Xbox One so I can probably speak more to that than I can a PS4, but I'll do my best to point out what you're getting from each.

Bottom line, the PS4 has better hardware, but as far as visuals go, more often than not unless you've trained your eyes to see a distinct difference between 900p and 792p then you won't be bothered because the games look practically identical. If you sit there and count the blades of grass, then sure, maybe PS4 will have 20 and Xbox will have 15, but honeslty, if you're actually playing the game then you won't see the difference. I've played on both consoles and I certainly can't tell the difference.

The big advantage I would give the PS4 is that more games run smoother, which is in my opinion the most important. There is no debate over this, it's fact. There are several multi-platform games on the PS4 that run at a smooth 60 FPS but are locked at 30 on the Xbox One. Supposedly, part of the excuse is because Kinect was using processing power, so with Kinect out of the picture Microsfot is claiming that we will see an improvement in upcoming releases, so the jury is still out on that one. Regardless, you know you're getting better specs across the board with PS4, so if that's most important to you then I would absolutely look in that direction.

Both are solid gaming rigs, but the Xbox also offers more apps for entertainment if you're into that. If it's just gaming then it works all the same because none of that stuff is manditory, it's just a nice addition if you want to partake in any of it. If this were a year ago then the clear cut choice would have been PS4, but with a new head of Xbox and a shift in focus back to gaming, the Xbox One has really starting closing that gap in terms of value for what you're getting. There's already been several UI changes and updates, all as a result of fan feedback. Either Microsoft finally realized that listening to their customers is actually pretty smart, or they were hurting in the wallet so bad that they didn't have a choice. In any event, it's a win-win for gamers because we're now getting what we actually want, not what they think we want, or what they want us to want.

Software is another major factor in making a choice. There's really no clear-cut, killer game out right now for either console that sets itself ahead of the other, so hopefully E3 will provide us with some of that. Still, it all boils down to what you like. For every Halo, Titanfall, or Gears of War, there's going to be an Uncahrted, Last of Us, or God of War. Go with what appeals more to you.

Decide on your console specific games.

Uncharted vs halo

Fable vs infamous.

Ps plus is great but on the xbox one you can game and watch tv at same time.

Tonight I'll game and watch nba finals.

If I didn't think this was a Rider troll, I'd probably put more effort into this.

Short answer--go where your friends are going.

If you have no friends--go with Ps4 because it is the better value right now.

Buy a PC. You'll get 90% of the games cheaper that will look better and have more customization with key bindings and mods. You can buy a decent gaming system for a little more than a console and with the Steam Summer Sale right around the corner you'll save hundreds of dollars on the same games at discounted prices instead of being reloaded onto consoles 1-3 years after releases for full msrp.

Don't give me that crap about wanting to play on a tv and controller. That isn't even a problem these days with Steam.

With all that cash you'll be saving you can pickup a fun console like the Wii U.

Back
Top Bottom