No Elder Scrolls V?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm guessing you played Oblivion only?

Only thing I didn't like about Oblivion in terms of NPCs talking was how the beggars voices had the tendency to change.

Could you spare a coin please, thank you kind sir!

I hate MMO's all the ones I have played (WoW for like a month and Runescape for like 2 years) were all boring and repetitive and they were ultimately all the same. Rank all your levels up so you can be the best with the most money and the best stuff, oh and you gotta pay $5-$15 a month to play them. Oblivion was great because you didn't do anything repetitive. The quests were a lot more fun because when your saving someone/something it feels more like you actually are because unlike most MMO's in Oblivion your the only one that has done it in your world (or game w/e you want to call it) which is better then doing the same quest with 20 other people.

I've gown to hate MMO's yeah there fun for a little while but I would rather play Xbox live if I were to do any online gaming (or I just want to chat with my friends while playing Oblivion) just because with that I can be talking to lots of friends each playing different games or the same game rather then having all of us play freaking runescape so we can do stuff together.

I wouldn't play an elder scrolls MMO. I'm tired of every company trying to turn all of their single player games into mediocre mmo's just to try and milk a few dollars out of them and damaging the franchise in the process. I wasn't expecting ESV for 2 more years at least but you never know what Bethesda's got going on. Interestingly enough, my new desktop cycle has revolved around the last couple Elder Scrolls games. I upgraded from my Pentium to an Athlon XP right to play Morrowind and I upgraded to my C2D (now a C2Q) to play Oblivion. I don't intend on buying a new machine until the new one comes out.

I think if they used a similar combat system as in Oblivion, it would be a really good mmo. It might even be a wow-killer. They'd have to remove that crap where the enemies level with you. That is one of the things I hated most about Oblivion. When I lvled up it never felt like I was making any progress ever.

35g700 said:
I've gown to hate MMO's yeah there fun for a little while but I would rather play Xbox live if I were to do any online gaming (or I just want to chat with my friends while playing Oblivion) just because with that I can be talking to lots of friends each playing different games or the same game rather then having all of us play freaking runescape so we can do stuff together.

Why can you not chat with your friends playing different pc games? This is not making any sense to me. No offense to you, but you seem like you're just being a fanboy.

If there set on doing an online ES, then what I would most like would be a single-player campaign, same as usual, but with an online arena mode too - which would have a separate characters/leveling/weaponry/armor scheme and such to the campaign game.

Why can you not chat with your friends playing different pc games? This is not making any sense to me. No offense to you, but you seem like you're just being a fanboy.
Most of my friends have a 360 not a gaming computer so even though Oblivion on the PC is better then Oblivion on the 360 it's more enjoyable for me to play that on Xbox 360 because I can do stuff with my friends. It's easier then PC because a lot of my friends don't have mics for PC's, or know what software to use, or have the brains to configure it.

If there set on doing an online ES, then what I would most like would be a single-player campaign, same as usual, but with an online arena mode too - which would have a separate characters/leveling/weaponry/armor scheme and such to the campaign game.

Kind of like what Two Worlds had? I believe that the makers of Two Worlds had a very good Idea but they just couldn't get the multiplayer to work for them.

Oh lovely, another MMO to ruin one of the last decent RPGs...

Seems to be the trend these days.
Like I am so surprised that Diablo III is not an MMORPG. However I think blizzard is smart enough not to be releasing a product that will be in direct competition with their current Cash-Tauren World Of WarCaft

Seriously, why just charge $60 for a standalone game when you can charge $60 + $15 + $15 + $15 + $15......

Bethesda gave a clarification/update:

Bethesda clarifies MMO claims, Elder Scrolls V statements

Rather than let the statements made at QuakeCon 2009 by Elder Scrolls executive producer Todd Howard rest as they are, Bethesda's Pete Hines has clarified a few things on the company's blog. First and foremost, he wants to make sure that people know that another Elder Scrolls game will eventually be released. "Both Todd and I have said repeatedly that, of course, we're going to do another Elder Scrolls game," Hines outright states. Rather than comment directly on what Bethesda is currently working on, he instead notes that, "We aren't going to confirm or deny or comment on speculation, nor are we going to give hints about anything ... if you know us by now, you know we don't really do that."

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom