Nintendo DS, Excited or Not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackmoore

Daemon Poster
Well, I have been seeing a lot about the Nintendo DS on TV, and on the Internet. Today I went over to Ebgames.com, and looked at the games that would be offered for the DS, and its kind of starting to excite me. I mean there going to put Mario 64 on it, which was a fun game. But there also starting to put some of the Final Fantasy Series on it too. Like Crystal Cronicles which I never got to play. I would love to see Final Fantasy 7,8, and 9 on it, but I don't know if thats possible with cartridges. (Wish they had gone with a Mini Disk Format like the Gamecube) If anyone gets GMR Magazine, there was a coupon in it for $50 off if you trade in a working GBA and 3 games. That makes the DS only $100, thats well worth the money. I don't know, was just wondering if anyone else is interested in it.

Blackmoore said:
I don't know, was just wondering if anyone else is interested in it.
Not really. Like I picked up a GBA 3 years ago. I playied with it for about 3 months, but in the end i found myself selling it off to my housemate as I was not playing it enough to make it work my while.

Maybe if I am stuck working in the city again, then I would consider purchasing one.

Appart from that, it looks good.

Looks ok I might be up to trying it out sometime. Sounds like Final Fantasy IIIj might be remade or re-released on it. Its the only one never to hit US shores. That and Crystal Chronicals do sound good to me. But if I had to choose PSP or DS I would have to go with PSP.

in my openion, PSP is much better than DS, here's some screenshots of PSP:

psp_2134.jpg

psp_2124.jpg

psp_2152.jpg

why would sony put ff into ds if sony is making an opposing handheld the psp?

it seems like they are what a weird move!!??
id go with psp because ds doesnt have any promising games atm but psp does:
metal gear solid
gran turismo 4
twisted metal
and some others

whats the point of having two screens in DS ?? one big screen like the one in PSP, or two small screens like the one in DS? ofcourse one big screen. Also PSP comes with better screen than DS, mp3 & video player. Memory stick & smaller in size,better design. And better games ofcourse.

i dont know, in numbers ps always seems superior however i find certain titles kill on nintendo that you cant find elsewhere.. i guess the only true test comes when they are released... and as for FF the earlier games were on nintendo so maybe they astill have the rights? everyone said "no way will GTA be on xbox" and...

Well, I think both the DS, and the PSP look good. But im rooting for Nintendo. They used to be the big guys, then Sony came along, which hurt them, now Microsoft is getting a chunk of the market, and Nintendo is at the bottom of the list. Its kind of making me mad now that Sony is trying to destroy Nintendo's only market that hasn't been touched for years. I mean Nintendo is what I grew up with, and its what I remember. I hope their new Console system is good, cause I would hate to see them go. They need to start branching out, and start making games that appeal to older generations. I think too that they need to let go of some of their failing games. For example Mario Party, there on number six now, and I don't think that any of them ever sold well in the first place.

why would sony put ff into ds if sony is making an opposing handheld the psp?

Does Sony acctually own or control part of Square Enix? I thought they were their own independent company. Im am sure they have signed contracts with Sony to create the mainstream Final Fantasy Series on their systems, but who knows what the can and cant do with other games. I would sure love to see more of their games back on Nintendo though. I have never really liked the fact that Sony has never been a Multiplayer Friendly Console.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom