Nextgen: PC or Console

Bartek24

Baseband Member
Which one are you more likely to get? The new xbox or ps4 or a PC. Im probably going to go with a new PC if xbox keeps charging loads for gold.

I'm definitely going with a PC. PC games are better in my opinion, the platform you play them on is more than just a game console (much less one that requires money to use as anything other than basic gaming), plus upgrading is cheaper when the time comes.

PC. Been an console person for ever, but iam just annoyed with console systems so iam jumping into PC games. I may get a new Xbox after a generation or two when they are more reliable, cheaper and a lot of used games are on the market.

I'm a PC person by heart, but many AAA devs have mentioned the PC will be lead platform due to the x86 architecture of the new consoles. That means that PC games will have more advantages besides mouse/kb, high res, and extra eye candy.

Have always been a console gamer and still would like to believe that I am. Built a PC at the end of the year last year for school purposes along with gaming. I love the idea of supporting small time developers and indie games... PC allows me to do just that.

I will more than likely stick with PC gaming. Due to school and the loads of indie games available on PC, I don't have much reason to turn my console on as of late.

I too would go with PC, My system is getting a touch aged and still plays the newer games at high res better than the current consoles, Should be interesting to see how good the new consoles will be on graphics. But once there out they won't get any better until the next one comes out and a PC can be upgraded to keep up with higher graphics.

Dauntae

I'm going to have to be the lone nay sayer and go console. Truthfully, the reason is because a controller feels more natural and easier to use than a mouse and keyboard, well to me at least.

I've recently started to get my feet wet in regards to the world of PC gaming, and believe me, resolutions, mods, etc, its fantatic. However, it's not like the graphics are bad on consoles; they not, it's not even close. In fact, a lot of times they are very close to PCs graphics, and it's the texture mods that boost the PC over the top. But for me, I always go gameplay over graphics. The problem is that if I play a shooter on a PC I'm more likely to go 8-18, whereas on a console, I'd probably be 18-8.

I'm going to have to be the lone nay sayer and go console. Truthfully, the reason is because a controller feels more natural and easier to use than a mouse and keyboard, well to me at least.

I've recently started to get my feet wet in regards to the world of PC gaming, and believe me, resolutions, mods, etc, its fantatic. However, it's not like the graphics are bad on consoles; they not, it's not even close. In fact, a lot of times they are very close to PCs graphics, and it's the texture mods that boost the PC over the top. But for me, I always go gameplay over graphics. The problem is that if I play a shooter on a PC I'm more likely to go 8-18, whereas on a console, I'd probably be 18-8.
You know you can use all of the major console controllers natively on a PC right? I haven't come across a game on PC that I haven't been able to use my 360 controller on (wireless).

I have to disagree, to the fullest extent. There are only some games on the consoles that are purposely held back to be the same like Deadspace 3. Vanilla Skyrim even looks a lot better, and BF3 on all lowest settings on the PC looks a lot better than the console versions.
The biggest difference overall is resolution, anisotropic filtering, and more importantly anti-aliasing support. I want to play and finish Forza 4 so bad but I can't play it for more than 30 minutes at a time because the texture pop up and jaggies get to me so bad. I just started playing Halo 4 and the lack of VRAM for higher resolution textures is really apparent.

Even though this is irrelevantly a PC vs console thread, I'm not trying to make it one. Just mentioning the really non-disputable points against them. Next gen consoles should make these issues go away for a while, but I still don't expect to be pulling 8xAA and forced 16xAF on each title. I'm hoping the possibility for 4k support to make this moot.

^ I've actually tried using a 360 controller but it didn't seem to tranfser right, almost like the calibration was off with no real way to tone down the sensitivity. Maybe some games work better than others though.

Back
Top Bottom