Next Gen consoles, will Apple jump in?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I was thinking about this over the weekend. I wonder if Apple will try to get into the Hi-Def gaming console market when the next round comes?

PS4?
Xbox720?
Apple iGame?

What do you think?

Also I wonder if Nintendo will try to get into the HD thing. The Wii is cool but it's lacking in my opinion. They did good with the Wii but I think they should try and compete with Sony and Microsoft

I seriously doubt apple will try and get into the console market. After all they have been in the PC market forever and there are still essentially no games for OSX.

Apple tried and failed with the Apple Bandai Pippin. I know some one that has managed to find one of these units.

In all honestly, with PS3/XBox/Wii all ready on the market, Apple will need to be able to offer some thing some thing that the other consoles does not. And this will need to be some thing more than just iTunes.

Attachments

• Pippinfront.jpg
    Pippinfront.jpg
    99.7 KB · Views: 90
I don't think they'll get into the game console market, but they will definitely still try for the home theater market. They seriously need to improve Apple TV :tongue:

And they'll keep on going in the handheld gamin market, that's for sure.

it'd be awesome if they did more for the home theater dept, but with their strong hardware base right now, a console from them would follow the same strong performance... I just don't think that they'd come out with anything that sony or m$ or nintendo hasn't already come out with

False, the apple iphone and itouch are doing well as a mobile gaming platform already.

And that is no reason why they wouldn't come out with a gaming console.

i meant games games..not 2mb apps that you can play on any flash game website

(not hating on apple...just saying they aren't really involved in the "gaming" market)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom