Need Help Hiding A Program, Paying $

Status
Not open for further replies.
How old are you? Your xfire profile says your 21 years old. If that's true, and your dad is forcing you to stay away from the game, that is kind of messed up.

Leave.The.Forum.Troll.

This forum has a question and you are not answering it.

I apreciate all the help guys.

This is a discussion, if you were 15 or 16 you should listen to your father, especially if it's his computer and you should respect your parent's wishes. I was going to say if you were 18 or older than your father really can't tell you not to play a game, but if it's his computer than you should respect that. By the way it sounds you are probably a 14 year old putting your age at 21 so people think your more mature, cause I doubt a 21 year old would be having a problem like this.

There is more than playing WoW, you shouldn't break your father's trust so you can play a stupid game.

And what the heck ever happened to this?:

http://www.techist.com/forums/f6/i-retired-wow-146962/

And what's with you calling everybody a troll? Someone makes a joke and you can them a troll. I ask a question and you call me a troll. I'm not the only one who thinks this as well.

Leave.The.Forum.Troll.

why dont you leave???
dude its not your computer, so get a ****ing job and buy your own and stop being a little wuss

i doubt hes even 14 years old, he must of done something really stupid if his dad doesnt want him play WOW, yet he lets him play other games.

go mow some lawns b****

Leave.The.Forum.Troll.

Anyone that he disagrees with him is considered a "Troll". People like TheEnd are Trolls.

I'm kinda curious, if your 21 did your parents at least make you move to the basement?

The internet is not a place where age should be reason for discrimination. I lied about my age from the time I was ~8 until I was 16 because little shits don't take your seriously, even if you're smarter than half f them. I'm 17 now and I don't feel the need to lie anymore.

Kids lie to their parents- its natural. I'd be FAR more concerned by an entirely honest child than one who plays games when he's not supposed to...

And as children don't pick their parents, or in any way choose the situation their in, I fully support and offer help to other minors trying to trick them. ;)

You should respect the decisions your parents make that are respectable by nature. The idea of "default respect" is not one that I condone. Respect is always earned. If your parents do respectable things and make respectable rules, you'll follow them. You'll still disoebey every once and a while- that is a natural part of growing up. Now, if your parents make decisions for you that are not respectable by nature- they should be smart enough to realize its harder to enforce.

The argument that parents are "responsible for your upbringing" is not one that holds too much water. At some point, I became responsible for my own upbringing. At the point where I began disagreeing with my parents about things. This happened outrageously young for me, so I've been past my "rebellious" phase for a long time.

Yeah, you can tell a teen their parents are responsible for their upbringing, but...then they're given responsibilities for their own upbringing. They're expected to do well in school, work hard, think about who they want to be, ect. So...apparently teens are only responsible for themselves when its a hardship, not a privelege.

When I was about 14 I realized that if I let my parents be "responsible for my upbringing" I'd not be the kind of person I wanted to be. If they had been entirely responsible for who I became, I'd be a christian, for one. I'd be a republican, for the other. Neither of these things are who I want to be.

I think the message that should be sent to teens is that they ARE responsible for themselves and their actions- not that everyone else is. Now, this is often done through words...but not much through actions. Teens aren't allowed to make what are considered "mistakes" because someone else is responsible for them...but to what degree does that responsibility go?

I don't think teenage rebellion is a bad thing, I think its the teen finally realizing that he IS free regardless of whatever anyone tells him about his parents ruling over him. It is a vital stage in their development where they realize they're responsible for themselves.

/rant

The internet is not a place where age should be reason for discrimination. I lied about my age from the time I was ~8 until I was 16 because little shits don't take your seriously, even if you're smarter than half f them. I'm 17 now and I don't feel the need to lie anymore.

Kids lie to their parents- its natural. I'd be FAR more concerned by an entirely honest child than one who plays games when he's not supposed to...

And as children don't pick their parents, or in any way choose the situation their in, I fully support and offer help to other minors trying to trick them. ;)

You should respect the decisions your parents make that are respectable by nature. The idea of "default respect" is not one that I condone. Respect is always earned. If your parents do respectable things and make respectable rules, you'll follow them. You'll still disoebey every once and a while- that is a natural part of growing up. Now, if your parents make decisions for you that are not respectable by nature- they should be smart enough to realize its harder to enforce.

The argument that parents are "responsible for your upbringing" is not one that holds too much water. At some point, I became responsible for my own upbringing. At the point where I began disagreeing with my parents about things. This happened outrageously young for me, so I've been past my "rebellious" phase for a long time.

Yeah, you can tell a teen their parents are responsible for their upbringing, but...then they're given responsibilities for their own upbringing. They're expected to do well in school, work hard, think about who they want to be, ect. So...apparently teens are only responsible for themselves when its a hardship, not a privelege.

When I was about 14 I realized that if I let my parents be "responsible for my upbringing" I'd not be the kind of person I wanted to be. If they had been entirely responsible for who I became, I'd be a christian, for one. I'd be a republican, for the other. Neither of these things are who I want to be.

I think the message that should be sent to teens is that they ARE responsible for themselves and their actions- not that everyone else is. Now, this is often done through words...but not much through actions. Teens aren't allowed to make what are considered "mistakes" because someone else is responsible for them...but to what degree does that responsibility go?

I don't think teenage rebellion is a bad thing, I think its the teen finally realizing that he IS free regardless of whatever anyone tells him about his parents ruling over him. It is a vital stage in their development where they realize they're responsible for themselves.

/rant

We're talking about a videogame FFS. :/

Not who he should be.

vernong is 14, and he is a very mature person, someone who calls every living soul a troll isn't exactly what I would call mature.

We're talking about a videogame FFS. :/

Not who he should be.

The idea, however, that a child should always listen to his parents, is wrong. The idea that you or I can tell when that time is, also wrong. We know so little of his situation. He comes onto the forums and asks a simple question, why not just answer it rather than be an ***?

vernong is 14, and he is a very mature person, someone who calls every living soul a troll isn't exactly what I would call mature.

Maybe not, but a couple people in this thread DO meet the definition of trolls, though it is better to just ingore them than start a discussion like this on it.

We're in no position to judge his actions as right or wrong, yet some people seem to think they know so much that they're willing to tell him he shouldn't be doing it, I find that very...wrong.

i'm only 16 and i have join Qunu | Live help when you need it most but i spend most by time on here. Ages matters i never got taken serious when i built my 1st pc at age 13, pc world never except they were wrong, specially maplins.But im 6ft now lol i dont have any probs at all, im think of getting a job at pc world but i would prefer a small pc shop but cant really fine 1, tht will takle me seriously:)

I don't discriminate by age. I do discriminate on the ability to use correct english. ;)

Oh, I know what you mean...I was 12 when I built my first pc (about 12, didn't record the date, either 11 or 12), and the guy selling me my mb/cpu was so ****ing condescending it annoyed me soooooo much. I basically had to tell him to give me the **** parts...because at Fry's they print your like initial receipt in each department before you go to the final checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom