Need Help helping my dad...

Status
Not open for further replies.

andrewsvalesen

Daemon Poster
Ok so my dad is a hard working guy. We cleared an extra room we had in our house and are planning to make it his own room.
He wants it 'beachy'.

But more significantly we're putting an HDTV, Speakers, Xbox 360, and maybe a couch or two.

What speakers would you recommend for the best bang for your buck? Hopefully surround sound.

How about HDTV? My dad doesnt like DLP. I have no idea why.
and maybe an entertainment center or two..

Thanks alot!

Also would it be cheaper to get a computer with an awesome sound card, rig it with surround sound and connect an HDTV to it?

I don't know if it's possible. But I figured you can do it with Windows Media Center. (Still don't know what exactly it does.)

I find that you are better off putting the money towards a propper Entertainment System as appose to dealing with Windows MCE.

I don't have a problem with Microsoft Windows Media Centre Edition. It's all the other problems that is accosated with the computer hardware and software that just make not worthwhile.

Seriously, how would you like to be watching a movie, and then you get your movie watch experience interupted due to Microsoft Windows Updates or your Anti Virus Updates.

Like does your DVD player or Stereo System, let alone Toaster Oven, gives you the BLUE SCREEN OF DEATH?

And when it comes down to using your DVD player or TV, do you have to wait 30 to 90 seconds just for it turn on and be ready to use. Or the contant noise of cooling fans.

Nothing against Microsoft Media Centre, it just that the rest of the computer industry has a long way to go into order for it to successfully take the same place for your TV, Stereo and DVD player.

I know that you got your Intel ViiV and AMD Live, however they still have a long way to go. Sames does with the rest of the Hardware vendors.
Over all, i think I might just sit back and wait a few years, (especially considering that AMD and ATi are the same company) and see what technology comes out then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom