my God do PC's beat consoles!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to remember, computers evolve quickly, a console, once built, doesn't change any other than a few internal improvements over a long period of time, sometimes upto ten years.

When xbox 360 and the ps3 where released, there games and graphics dominated the pc versions, but now that computer have better graphics cards and processors, the games on a computer can look far, far better.

not true cod2 a launch title on 360 was way better on pc, and the ps3 launched late by that time i think we allready had crysis.

i remember a video made by pc gamer where they whent to the time square line up and gave a guy a 10$ falcon north west pc if he signed a legal contract obiding him not to own a ps3 for the next 5 years. he did it i thought it losly as the pc was worth almost nothing in 2 years.

For me there is one reason why the PC blows consoles out of the water and that is controls, I don't care what anyone says keyboard + mouse > controller for FPS, RTS, and RPG games, and those are my main genre, esp. FPS.

In summary:

Consoles:
Pro:
1) Split screen gaming
2) Cheap

PC:
Pro:
1) Controls (keyboard + mouse)
2) Cutting edge graphics

For me there is one reason why the PC blows consoles out of the water and that is controls, I don't care what anyone says keyboard + mouse > controller for FPS, RTS, and RPG games, and those are my main genre, esp. FPS.

In summary:

Consoles:
Pro:
1) Split screen gaming
2) Cheap

PC:
Pro:
1) Controls (keyboard + mouse)
2) Cutting edge graphics

I'd add simple to the console pros. It really isn't a pro to any of us because we know our way around a pc, but some people find it too complicated.

And yeah, pc's are capable of such cutting edge graphics and we're forced to live with what the consoles get with added resolution and AA because game developers don't seem to want to allow gamers to take advantage of their whole PCs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom