MW2-Keep on Getting Killed..

Status
Not open for further replies.

SThompson86

In Runtime
Hello All, I just bought Modern Warfare 2 yesterday, and I went online and joined a group. Well to cut to the chase I cannot stay alive for anything. I will shoot at some one but I miss or I am just not fast enough. I know my main problem is that I have never played a shooter game and this is my first. These guys can just throw up and aim accurately. When I aim I am just to slow about it.

I have been playing with the controllers sensitivty going from High to Low, and I cant really decide on any setting.

Nonetheless, just curious if you all have any tips to guide me towards a quicker draw and aim :annoyed:
Thanks in advanced.

I would say the best thing you can do is play though the campaign on easy/normal. then work your way up and beat it on veteran. Once you do that you will find your online multiplayer skills will have greatly increased.

Yep. Especially if this is your first shooter, you definitely want to play through the campaign on normal, then if necessary as veteran.

Yep. Especially if this is your first shooter, you definitely want to play through the campaign on normal, then if necessary as veteran.

Veteran isn't necessary however I found it to help me a lot in COD4. I was decent at COD4 online, I had 1.10 K/D or something. Then I went and beat the campaign on veteran (and it had some really hard areas). I returned to multiplayer and noticed I had improved quite a bit... 25-5 became an average match for me. I think my ratio is up to 1.35 or something and it is dragged down because I let my freind play on my account and he averages like 10-15. Thank god he got a 360 for christmas lol.

Right on I started the campaign yesterday.

What tactic do you all use when online? do you run blind and just shoot who ever you see first or sneak around. I find that when I sneak around I get killed just as quick.

Thanks for all the tips.

There are different methods that work for other people. One thing to always remember: NEVER stay still. I try to run and gun as much as possible but it's difficult in MW2 because of all the campers. Use the surroundings to your advantage. Find a type of gun that you like and stick with that class, refer to the barracks area new challenges to unlock add-ons for your weapons. Jump is your friend :D

Free-for-all is a good way to learn and optomise your reaction times and you can get used to using jumping and crouching to your advantage.

Check out the videos with commentary on youtube also, you can get a view of how other people play and their load-outs and perks:

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=machinimarespawn&annotation_id=annotation_574787&feature=iv#p/c/82EF50B108AE968C

Ah ha I diffidently stay still.. thanks for the videos and tips. I know I need better guns also, I am still stuck with the start guns.

What tactic do you all use when online? do you run blind and just shoot who ever you see first

Lol, ;n COD4 I used to do that, and I did pretty good.

or sneak around. I find that when I sneak around I get killed just as quick.

I've found in MW2 if your alone that this works pretty good however the best thing to do in MW2 is to find a group of people you are comfortable and like to play with and play with them because unlike COD4, MW2 requires A LOT more teamwork to win.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom