monitor problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

jspot

In Runtime
I just got my BenQ FP202W monitor last night.. I wanted to test out HL2 out on it. I changed the video settings to wide screen in HL2 options, since my monitor is wide screemed... well the screen turned black and a little box in the middle says OUT OF RANGE!!! It then won't let me do anything. I have to CTRL + ALT + DEL to bring up task manager and close HL2. now everytime I open HL2 it goes right to the black screen ( OUT OF RANGE!!!) have no clue how to get to where I can change the settings . I have also deleted and re installed and still that way. No drivers for this monitor on BenQ website ... please help!!!!!

this sometimes happens when you set it to a resolution that the monitor cannot even support... Are you video Card drivers up to date aswell by the way ? And what Video card do you have inside your System at the moment ? ....

I am using a 9600 XTC and all the lastest drivers are installed from ATi.com

I am using a 9600 XTC and all the lastest drivers are installed from ATi.com

thanks I didn't mean to I posted here first then realized it was gaming .. I meant to put it in general ... sorry about that

I have since re installed HL2 and I still can't play it does anyone maybe know the file I can go in and change it manually ????

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom