MMORPG Character Selling Policy for Tech-Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

KSoD

Call me Mak or K, Mod Emeritus
This is a post to inform all member that buying, selling or trading of any and all MMORPG characters is not allowed on Tech-Forums.

Most of the manufacturer's have a TOS that do not allow for this and we are taking that stance for all games. No game is excluded even if their TOS allows for such things. This is put in place so that we do not have to monitor each thread of such discussion to make sure they are not in violation.

This also includes any Game items or anything related to MMORPG's overall. We will not allow any kind of trade for MMORPG services or characters. No selling of items, weapons, characters or anything.

Along with this we are not allowing the sale of any steam or any kind of online accounts period. This is a subject that is up to each indivual EULA and TOS for each company and we can not monitor them all. So we are just flat out not allowing it to be dont on Tech-Forums at all. Blanket rule to cover any kind of online accounts.

There are plenty of other sites in which this can take place. We will not allow for it here.

Cheers,
Mak

Just to bring it up now, selling steam ID's is apparently illegal, or at least it can get you vac banned. So beware. I know a good friend who paid $50 for a 6 dig + cs:s on the account and had the ID banned shortly after for "buying a steam ID".

Thanks for the info Drizzt. I will bring this up with the team to see if we want to update out policy.

Hi Mak,

This should include services on leveling accounts and programs like macros that help players level and such?

Shouldnt this be in the B/S/T Forum?

I understand where you uys are coming from with this rule and i agree with it, but i think it is retarded that some companies have it in their TOS, i mean why would it matter to them if the account is sold or not? its no different then if i buy COD4 for pc and sold it

Hi Mak,

This should include services on leveling accounts and programs like macros that help players level and such?
Silver,

I have that in the original post. I stated anything that is related to MMORPG's.

This also includes any Game items or anything related to MMORPG's overall

So services such as gold and leveling are also included.

Shouldnt this be in the B/S/T Forum?

I understand where you uys are coming from with this rule and i agree with it, but i think it is retarded that some companies have it in their TOS, i mean why would it matter to them if the account is sold or not? its no different then if i buy COD4 for pc and sold it
Fade,

I will mirror this in the B/S/T section as well.

It is the comapnies wishes. If a person bought a level 80 character then they would not have to buy their monthly subscription and do it themselves and therefor would not have to play the game that long. Which cuts into the games profits.

The selling of a game like COD4 is much different as that is a game that you have to play from start to finish, or use on multiplayer. Each account created the new user has to do the leg work and play it. But they are not monthly costs to play such games. So the company does not get affected cause they do not lose all that profit which that profit is used to run those servers that run the game anyways.

Cheers,
Mak

I'm glad to see t-f taking this stance on account selling... Its beginning to be a prob in FFXI, a serious one, and most sites i go to find out a little info are littered with account selling, RMT, u name it.... Have yall had issues with this in the past before the notice was made?

It is the comapnies wishes. If a person bought a level 80 character then they would not have to buy their monthly subscription and do it themselves and therefor would not have to play the game that long. Which cuts into the games profits.

not really.

If player A levels his account/pays monthly payment then sells it to player B...player B will have to start paying monthly. Player A would quit, and Player B would continue to play...company makes same amount as if only Player A was playing. If both could play at the same time it would be unfair, but 1 person is playing..and 1 person is paying..so it's all fair really.

but i guess the point still remains, companies don't want it..so it can't happen

Waffle,

Your option is kinda correct. While yes Player A would sell to player B and they would get the monthly rate from Player B they would not make as much since Player B would not have to spend all that extra time to level up to where he is when he buys Player A's character. So they do lose money in that aspect.

So it could be anywhere from a month to longer profit lost depending on the game.

It really hasnt been a issue. But we decided to take this stance before it became a issue.

Cheers,
Mak

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom