[Minor Rant] MMOLRPG Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harper

"I FEEL SO GOOD I FEEL SO NUMB, YEAH!!!"
My sister has been trying to get onto Star Wars Galaxies for the last 4 months. But one thing that is stopping me is that i need to pay for the media and the liences.

The thing that i don't like about some of the MMOLRPG is that you need to pay the same price as a stand alone game for the media and lience. And then after that, you still need to pay to play.

I am cool with the PAY to PLAY part of any MMOLRPG. But having to pay the same price as a standalone game just so you can have the media and liences. The only advantage that it has that you do not need to down the software from servers. That's it. Now this could be an issue with people still on 56k, but I find that most people that you play MMOLRPG are on Cable or DSL.

Personally, I think that all MMOLRPG should be avalable as a free download. Or at a much cheaper price that what they are currently being offered at right now.

After all, they mainly make their money from your subscription.

Silesia said:
My sister has been trying to get onto Star Wars Galaxies for the last 4 months. But one thing that is stopping me is that i need to pay for the media and the liences.

The thing that i don't like about some of the MMOLRPG is that you need to pay the same price as a stand alone game for the media and lience. And then after that, you still need to pay to play.

I am cool with the PAY to PLAY part of any MMOLRPG. But having to pay the same price as a standalone game just so you can have the media and liences. The only advantage that it has that you do not need to down the software from servers. That's it. Now this could be an issue with people still on 56k, but I find that most people that you play MMOLRPG are on Cable or DSL.

Personally, I think that all MMOLRPG should be avalable as a free download. Or at a much cheaper price that what they are currently being offered at right now.

After all, they mainly make their money from your subscription.

I totally agree with the free download thing.

That would actually make things fair for others.

As for SWG, I have been wanting that game for so long, but I havent bought it because of the same reason. I am not going to pay a monthly price for a 30-40$ game.......just NO WAY!

Why do that, when you can get a game just as good, such as FarCry, UT 2004, or even BF Vietnam for under 40$ and with no subscription fees!

That is whacked up man, i TOTALLY agree with you.

Chubz said:
As for SWG, I have been wanting that game for so long, but I havent bought it because of the same reason. I am not going to pay a monthly price for a 30-40$ game.......just NO WAY!

Actually, i thought that SWG is only about US$15 per month. Or at least that what my sister and her BF are paying. About a price for a 1x Can of Coke per day.

HoLoCroN said:
Maybe some of these companies should pay attention to the "peoples cry", they would make more money with the subscriptions.

The subscription IS where the money is made. They only reason why I should pay for a CD is if I can not be stuffed downloading it myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom