Microsoft Amazes all at E3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, the tech behind that isn't as impressive, but that actually might be able to be implemented into games if done correctly. I'll wait till I see them though. Overall, I'd say it is better than what Microsoft has.

Yeh. I just can't see microsofts being to good though, i bet it can't track very small movements, and i bet it doesnt work some of the time.

I can see it being pretty useful in adventure games or RPG games maybe but other than that it would just be "wii" style games. Not much to see here for the PC gamer.

In terms of technology, I would put it at Natal > WMP > Sony motion.

Why? Because the WMP and WiiMote itself can control object movements, 1:1 motion, and pretty much everything besides that basic video overlay the PS Eye did. The Sony motion doesn't have any way to move your character outside of where your physical body can move. Even using two just allows two "hands" to be used and doesn't allow any character movement like the Wii nunchuck.

Also, both WMP and Sony motion only track one or 2 points, always at the hands. Natal can track multiple points on multiple bodies, and can ignore background motion so waving your hand while your friend is playing won't affect it. It suffers the same problem that Sony motion does, in that the character can only move as much as your body in 3D space, but the overall tracking, voice recognition, and facial/expression recognition is insane.

The algorithms and hardware/software combo being built into Natal is top notch.

I think we can all agree that Microsoft's Natal video had one major problem. . . HOW MANY PUSHUPS CAN CHUCK NORRIS DO?

It's cool, but I guess I lack the excitement for it that several of you have. Guess I'll have to wait and see how it plays out.

I am amazed watching that and thinking about all the possibilities, like true virtual reality kinda stuff, but I agree that to implement this into current genres of games seems a bit of a long shot...at least right now.

Still, really impressive IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom